Need help deciding on boat

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith5486

2005 Challenger 180 vs 2005 Utopia with 240hp Merc and 2000 Challenger 800 with merc
Found both locally. Want something fun to shoot around the lake and relax on for me and the wife. Also have a 16 yo that I have no doubt will go play on it.

Utopia has the "larger" merc engine. Asking 9500

Challenger 180 needs some tlc to the interior. Nothing missing or broke just dirty. Asking 8500. Working on maintenence history now.

Challenger 800 doesn't run. Left gas sitting in it for 2 years. Asking 6000

I'm fairly mechanically savvy. What do yall think would be best for me?

2005 Challenger 180 vs 2005 Utopia with 240hp Merc and 2000 Challenger 800 with merc
Found both locally. Want something fun to shoot around the lake and relax on for me and the wife. Also have a 16 yo that I have no doubt will go play on it.

Utopia has the "larger" merc engine. Asking 9500

Challenger 180 needs some tlc to the interior. Nothing missing or broke just dirty. Asking 8500. Working on maintenence history now.

Challenger 800 doesn't run. Left gas sitting in it for 2 years. Asking 6000

I'm fairly mechanically savvy. What do yall think would be best for me?

I'm a bit confused. Your top line mentions 3 boats, not 2.

Usually with boats, newer is better.

Whatever boat you decide on; be advised that your local mechanic will be YOU ! Neither SeaDoo nor Mercury will work on these boats. It was not a happy split. Very few independent mechanics will work on them.

The 2005 240hp is a vast improvement over my 2001 240hp. Like car-style alternator and electronic oil pump.

Personally I'd stay away from the merc. they're very expensive to rebuild probably $5000, Whereas a rotex you're looking at a 1000 to 1500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back