Need Help 07 GTX 4TEC

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GregM64

The other day on the lake my 07 GTX thru a P0351 Code, (Ignition coil 1 open circuit or shorted to ground or to battery) so I purchased some aftermarket coils & went to the lake & installed a new coil in cylinder 1, fired it up & got an immediate P0351 code/check in engine light flashing & it was running like crap shut it down, installed another new one in cylinder 1, fired it & received the same results. Removed the new 2nd new after market coil & reinstalled the OEM back in fired it up & no code ran fine, hopped on went for a short but hard ride & was good. Took it out the next day & now it thru P0351, P0352 & P0353 while my wife was riding it. I traded seadoos with her & drove it in slowly stopping every once in a while then I started one last time & it ran great till I got in the no wake zone & it thru the codes again. What are the odds all coils went bad?

Well, got my (1) OEM Seadoo Coil yesterday & installed it last night & also checked what grounds I could find & made sure they were good (if anyone knows where all the ground wires/connectors are at, speak up) The manual online for 07 GTX 4TEC doesn't have great pictures unlike my 00 GTX's manual. Anyway took it out tonight after work it ran fantastic, shut it off & let it sit for a few in the middle of the lake then fired it back up ran it full throttle for bit then headed back to the ramp got to the no wake zone & decided to shut it down again waited for a few minutes then fired it back up & almost instantly got the loud beep/engine check light/ P0351 Error code. Well I guess its not the coil. Any suggestions are welcomed Please!!

Check for corrosion at the plugs for the coils at both ends, not just the coil end. Just a little bit of corrosion on a pin can cut the available current by 50%, since a coil needs a fixed amount of current and tries for it, the end result is a drop of 50% of the voltage to the coil instead and that isn't enough! The ECM will also view this as an open coil because the total wattage draw to the coil is well below what it should be so appears as an open coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back