mystik jt-4 synthetic 2 stroke oil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Rrm1387

Was wondering if anyone was running this oil and if they had any feedback. it runs around $100 for a 4 gallion case.

I haven't used it yet but that will be the next gallon I buy. Been mentioned a couple other times on here and it seems to be up to specs.

I will play it safe and wait til my tank is almost empty before adding it in. May even flush the tank and engine then fill it up with Mystic and let it bleed into the injection system to replace the $80/gallon XP-S I am currently using.

Probably would NOT be bad, but having been forced to clean the sludge out of one system when being sold the wrong stuff, I don't ever want to do that again, so I will make sure as little as possible mixes, just to be on the safe side.

I have been using the Mystik JT4 in my boat for a few months now, and working fine.

I did drain all the oil out except for what was in the injection lines, and the mystik just followed it in and replaced it.

It is not a tcw3 oil. It is for the rave valve applications that usually use the Seadoo XPS synthetic or synthetic blend.

I pay $19 per gallon and can buy it locally. They are made here in houston, and all the diesel maintenance places use their products (not the JT4, of course). I see trucks hauling cases of JT8 all the time, and pallets of the stuff at all the diesel shops.

So apparently, they have a decent reputation.

Even with the hugely elevated oil prices right now the Mystik JT4 is still $19.99/gallon at my local Academy in Tulsa. I'm also considering using their lower unit oil and other oils for my boat. No reason to pay twice as much as these appear to be good quality products.

Ordered directly the mystik is like $25 a gallon. I have thought about switching. I am still paying 41 for quicksilver. If I had a academy around me I would be all over it.

RFoster...i agree that prices may be higher nowadays. When I looked those up, that was back in the day of CHEAP 2.95 per gallon gas. Remember that, about 2 weeks ago? :ack:

I would be happy to look into shipping for members from here, buying from academy. But it would likely be cheaper to buy direct from mystic...

Good deal! I've got a buddy that runs the mystic in his diesel and swears by it. My truck holds 15 qts & I can't pull the trigger on it; sticking with Delo for now. But for the ski, it's much more reasonable than the Quicksilver synthetic that I just bought. :cheers:

I run Mystic in all my skis. I'm not a detailed price checker but last year I got this stuff at Academy for around $21 a gallon. Now it's around $25 or a little less.

Back