My recent details.....

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
In PA... we get a lot of mine runoff. It's kind of an orange/rusty scum that will collect in the rivers and lakes. It gets into the gel... so you need a chemical to lift it out. If it buffed... then it's not an issue.

Ahhhh, gotcha. Yeah I have no idea about our local lakes. I think it's just the clay mess that's in them that makes it this color.

Dr Honda you're a GENIUS! You saved me hours of work. When you mentioned rusty it got me to think iron oxide, which = rail dust. Which is something you see a ton of on white vehicles. See it all the time, and I have just the thing to pull up iron oxide and also have to use it on german wheels brake dust. The orange mess came off super easy, then buffed after it with a single stage compound. Worked great! As you can see.
Whew! All done with this side.

Didn't get many before pics on this side. I pulled it outside to wash and had to get moving and get back in the garage. Here's a blurry pic of the faded graphic.

before

No more fade.
After

Scrubbed the hell out of the vinyl. Man I'm beat. Done and conditioned.

During pic of me scrubbing the hell outta the vinyl.

I'm exhausted. Still have to vacuum and shampoo the carpet, put the sealant on the gelcoat, and treat the plastic. Oh and clean the windows.

Finally all done.

Before on the carpet.

During

Went through about 4-5 of these.

Much better, but not perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back