My first winterization

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaDooMn

The end of the season, now my first winterization. Bought a new 2011 GTI 130 this past spring(2012).
I only got 12 hours on it this summer. I'll be keeping it in my garage which should stay at 40 degrees
F or greater. I filled the tank and added stabilizer. Then, after propping the ski upright so that
moisture could run out the exhaust, I ran the engine for 30 seconds. I did this three times at
10 minute intervals. I now plan to pull the battery.
Does this run time seem adequate to get stabilizer into the system?
Given the heated garage, do I need to fog engine or other steps?

Thanks, I'm glad to be onboard the forum.

Welcome to the forum. Not sure of all what is needed with the 4-stroke models when winterizing. 2-strokes should be fogged. I would think the same would be true for 4-strokes. Check out the 4-Tec PWC section of the forum and post your questions there.

Welcome to the site! You are prob fine this year with those low hours but technically speaking they recommend an oil change to make sure there isnt water in the engine. They also recommend antifreeze in the open loop of the system, although with what you did your prob good. If you need help with that let me know I run a shop in Minnetonka.

Thanks for the replies. Good to hear from a local Minnetonka4me.
I've also heard that an alternative to pulling the battery is to just
start it up once a month. Thoughts on that?

These small batteries just arent worth abusing. They cost too much and fail far too easy. All mine are inside and get hooked to my optimate 4 charger once a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back