!!!!** My 94 Seadoo XP bogs when you give it throttle **!!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys whats up, sanoj brought his seadoo over to my place yesterday and we made a videos of what it is doing. Is there anyway to post the video on here so you guys can see it. It's only 56 seconds long but will show you exactly his situation.

[video=youtube;wrV5WenX4bo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrV5WenX4bo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Here is the video link. This should help explain what is exactly going on

I would try and go through the system and recheck all the fuel settings and the rebuild on the carb. Basically give it a physical. Just because someone else did a carb job doesn't mean something wasn't missed or hooked up wrong. I would also caution not to run it to long out of water diagnosing this. You may end up causing more issues that way.

Well, just based on what you are saying, it is probably not getting enough fuel. Is this something that ran fine and performed well one day and the next day it didn't?

Also, you mentioned checking the crank, how exactly did you do that?
Old school. That is what mine is doing. I took it out first time ran great. Took it out again now it bogs down and barely goes fast r than idle at full throttle. Pulled fuel lines off carb and gas cam running out so I need suggestions for a 1995 seadoo gtx. I'm still a newbie by the way. Not to familar with what parts are what or where. I'd appreciate some help.

Old school. That is what mine is doing. I took it out first time ran great. Took it out again now it bogs down and barely goes fast r than idle at full throttle. Pulled fuel lines off carb and gas cam running out so I need suggestions for a 1995 seadoo gtx. I'm still a newbie by the way. Not to familar with what parts are what or where. I'd appreciate some help.
Also it revs up great out of the water. But once it's in the water then it acts as if there's not enough gas to get it up and going.

Have you checked the tank pressure? You would need to look at the manual but my 95 spx has to hold 5 psi for 10 minutes. Just a thought

Also guys I just talked to a local with the same problem apparently his was fixed by cleaning out the screen fuel filter in the carburetor.

Is the air coming out or going in? It could be a blockage in the vent causing a vacuum in the tank. I also had a similar bogging problem in my 94 xp after a carb rebuild. It ended up being a needle valve not being seated which allowed way too much fuel in as soon as the throttle was opened up. I just had to open up the carb loosen the screw that held in the needle push it back into position and put it all back together. It ran perfect after that. I found the issue by pulling the plugs and turning it over. One cylinder sprayed a normal amount of fuel, the other shot out like crazy!

Hello Kgraff.

Please start a new thread of your own instead of resurrecting a 3 year old post. You will get a lot more help that way and we love to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back