MSD Enhancer/Rev Limiter/Lanyard

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire3456

I read on another site that you could use a generic lanyard if you used a MSD Enhancer in your MPEM. I'm far from a motor head but know a little bit.

I put a rev limiter on my Sea Doo 96' XP a few years back. Is that the same as a MSD Enhancer? Or am I way off?

Is there really a way to use an MSD Enhancer so that I can use a generic lanyard? I recently lost my lanyard, but did end up finding it. So I'd like to clone an extra one or get rid of it (except for a safety shut off) completely. Is this possible?

Thanks!

There is an item that a company builds that plugs inline with your MPEM. It is basically a lanyard as it requires you to program it ONCE then never again. With it, you can use any lanyard or even just hold a magnet at the DESS to start the ski. Ski shuts off as it should when the lanyard is pulled.

Repairing and selling iPads, iPhones and Mini iPads.

The MSD Enhanser (4255)is a wonderful thing and can be used successfully a couple different ways. There are pdf files for 96 and 97 but the per 97 instructions work on all 787's. They don't tell you this but it will also run 951 engines if you use a mag cup from a 98XP.

With the 96 installation it replaces the cdi but you would still need your coded key to the MPEM.

With the 97 installation it replaces everything but the rectifier and any DESS key will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back