MPEM/DESS Key Programming

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyD615

I know I should just call my local dealer and ask, but I figured I’d ask the forum so that some general information was out there. What does the dealer need to program additional DESS keys? I know a few of the forum sponsors can program keys with just the MPEM and keys, but do most local dealers keep a harness around to do the programming, or do they need the whole ski? I assume to program a key with just the E-Box you would need a test harness set up so that it’s got power to the MPEM.

I’ve only got one Sea Doo with the DESS system, and I’d like to have a spare key or two programmed, but my dealer in Nashville is downtown, and I’d rather pull the E-Box and take it down rather than haul the whole trailer through downtown Nashville traffic. Plus my office is right across the street, so I could just throw it in the car and drop it off in the morning...

They will need the ski. I don't think any would have a test harness made especially for us older 2-stroke guys.

That’s what I figured. I’ll have to either haul it down there or spend some time on the boat while I send them out. Thanks for the info!

They might not be so uptight these days but back in the day they would also want the ski there so they could verify the VIN and make sure that they are making a new key for the actual owner.

They might not be so uptight these days but back in the day they would also want the ski there so they could verify the VIN and make sure that they are making a new key for the actual owner.

Yeah, we don’t even title watercraft or trailers here in TN, so I can’t imagine they’d throw a fit about that... Your only proof of ownership is the bill of sale and your registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back