more speed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
uhhh...

my buddy that i go out to the river with every year, and his wife have two gtx limiteds. they actually don't top out at 70 mph.seadoos aren't limited by mph, they're limited by rpm.there are performance chips that modify the engine computer codes to allow it to rev higher, but you don't want to completely bypass the rev limiter, for risk of engine damage.if you still hgave the owners manual, it tells yoiu towards the back, what the rev limit is.

yeah, I think there are also performance packages like different impeller and jet nozle to get the speed up. I think top speed on ski documented was over 99 mph and thas just crazy. my rxtx SC with 255 HP only goes 70 too. I think it has something with US laws too, cant be faster than certain speed.

RPM limit

If you have enough left over HP. (I believe you do.) You can change the impeller pitch to something more aggressive. You will loose bottom end jump, but get top end speed. Just like a car's rear end ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back