More oil debate

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

timmyboy76

Had to throw this out...if you look close enuf, you'll see that i got 50% off the "sticker" price....:rofl:

Attachments

• 103_0832.jpg
    103_0832.jpg
    477.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 103_0835.JPG
    103_0835.JPG
    926.9 KB · Views: 20
stir it up

Man - Somebody always has to stir the great oil debate pot. LOL

You go timmyboy!!;)

That's a great deal...but first dump the oil in a clean container and check the old original bottle for any sediment on the bottom of the container. If oil sets around too long it will start to disperse the additives in the way of sediment on the bottom. Give it a good mixing to get it back in form with all the additives included before you use it.

Karl

Yeah, with my starter take'n a crap, and the oil level now at WEAY below minimum, think i'll leave it that way...less force on seals..? Weather start'n to suk.

Even though I should be burn'n the synthetic, i've wasted about 100 buks in travel to every Wally World out here, with no luck, unless i wanna burn the tcw-3 crap., so mineral it is, and with the price tag of 35 buks for that crap, i had to go this route. Its worth the cleaning of raves at 20hrs, verses annually, at a tone of $1.25 a quart.....figure, the 36 bottles i got, should last a while...:rofl:

Nope, not in my toy!

Had to throw this out...if you look close enuf, you'll see that i got 50% off the "sticker" price....:rofl:

No..........I think I'll pass on that stuff. It looks like some kind of TC oil that was put together without any backing from BRP or any other PWC maker. If it came as a substitute, you'd see it on the back label. Any of the oils we use other than Seadoo BRP, the back of the bottle will say it's recommended by Seadoo, Honda, Polaris.........etc...

Even if it did recommend it, I don't burn mineral. I burn "Full Synthetic". I do not mind paying the extra couple dollars for the added protection. I think I'll pull my heads this year and take some pix of the internals of my motor to show why I use the full synthetic. I already pulled my RAVE's. All I did to them was look at them and say, "wow, ya'll are so clean"..........so I stuck them back in.

For me...............Full Synthetic all the way! Oh, I run it in my truck and car too.:cheers:

i hear ya..

From the crazy experience I went thru, chasing a darn fouled plug...you'd think i'd go synthetic. When i got this boat, i went thru everything..carbs, raves..etc..boat ran awesome, then tat 1 trip out, wham...fouled port mag plug, installed anutha..fouled it after a few minutes of WOT...so chase'n this darn thing...rv cavity pressure hold, rip'n carbs off umting times..etc,..for life of me, figure it out, until i thought, ahh, what th heck, look at raves, and wtf you know...darn rave was so stuck, had to pry the b**** out with big o flathead.....now, boat loves me again.....but prior to find'n it, yeah, dumped a gal of mineral, when i should've used synthetic, and for the few outings while fouling plug, if kept it at 6-6500rpm..no problems, but I new I wanted it to be right...starboard never a problem...?

use it.....!

From the crazy experience I went thru, chasing a darn fouled plug...you'd think i'd go synthetic. When i got this boat, i went thru everything..carbs, raves..etc..boat ran awesome, then tat 1 trip out, wham...fouled port mag plug, installed anutha..fouled it after a few minutes of WOT...so chase'n this darn thing...rv cavity pressure hold, rip'n carbs off umting times..etc,..for life of me, figure it out, until i thought, ahh, what th heck, look at raves, and wtf you know...darn rave was so stuck, had to pry the b**** out with big o flathead.....now, boat loves me again.....but prior to find'n it, yeah, dumped a gal of mineral, when i should've used synthetic, and for the few outings while fouling plug, if kept it at 6-6500rpm..no problems, but I new I wanted it to be right...starboard never a problem...?

I guess I should have went on a bit further about oil...

I think you'd agree with me when you here, if that's the oil you use, keep on useing it. In many instances, when a motor has been burnt in on a certain oil, changing that oil can actually cause more harm than good. In older days (I haven't asked a Lawnmower mechanic in a while, so info may be outdated), lawnmower mechanics used to tell you to save your old engine oil and use for your lawnmower. That's because it was already burnt in.

What I'm gettin at is, if the motor runs to the point that it's used to running without certain added properties, then your better off to run that oil than to switch to a better oil. Sometimes, better isn't always the healthiest choice.

first time...

with the boats slipp'n thru my hands, recently...lol, havn't had time to "consolidate" to 1 type of oil. Only gallon i purchased was the seadoo mineral. But at store, i passed by this stuff, and read it, read it again, and figured, why not...also, its a buck twenty-five a bottle...:hurray:...will see, need a starter first, the switch'n cables, or 24v'en it, didnt work...thing just went south.

Back