Mixed fuel in 1990 Sea Doo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nateherman

I just bought a 1990 Sea Doo SPi on the weekend. I know pretty much nothing about PWC's. When I bought it, I realized they have a 2 stroke engine, so I asked the guy I bought it off if it would need mixed fuel. He said yes. Now after getting online and downloading the operator's manual, its sounding like the Sea Doo has it's own oil injection system. I know it is probably a real simple question, but does it just take regular unleaded gas in the gas tank?

Also, I was wondering what would happen if mixed fuel was put in the tank as well as the oil injection system?

Yes, it should have an oil injection system, but some people disconnect them, and run pre-mix.

The SeaDoo system works well, so if you verify that it's hooked up, and pumping, you can just put regular fuel in the tank.

If you run pre-mix, and the injection system, you will use more oil than needed. (seadoo oil is expensive) and you will foul out the spark plugs more often.

Either way... you will have to make sure there is oil in the tank, as the injection oil also lubes the rotary valve gears in the center of the crankcase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back