Metallic Vibrating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptrav92

Hello,

My 96 GTX has a metallic sound coming from under the ski near the prop. Not sure what the issue is. Any help at is greatly appreciated!

They make a lot of racket out the water. But...I'd ck the rubber bumpers on each of the driveshaft and grease gun it up at the PTO flywheel when you put it back together.

It’s a Seadoo, they all make a metallic rattling noise out of the water. It’s perfectly normal and nothing you can do to make it better.

It’s a Seadoo, they all make a metallic rattling noise out of the water. It’s perfectly normal and nothing you can do to make it better.

My 95 XP is pretty quiet out of the water... I was rewatching the video and It almost looks like the driveshaft is out of balance??

It's easy enough to pull the pump and driveshaft out. You can set the shaft in a solid mount and rotate by hand to check for any bend. The sound you are hearing is normal believe it or not.

It's easy enough to pull the pump and driveshaft out. You can set the shaft in a solid mount and rotate by hand to check for any bend. The sound you are hearing is normal believe it or not.

I’m gonna take your word for it. I don’t want to dump any more money into a ski that is 20+ years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back