Mercury 240 EFI - Starting to show blue smoke

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

KenK

Hello all, got a question for you. I have noticed more blue smoke coming out of my 2004 Islandia Jet Boat with the 240 EFI M2 Jet Drive. It will also smoke a little bit while at low speed until I get her up on plane for a minute or so. Then the blue smoke is either gone or very minimal. I have changed out the port side head temperature sensor in the hopes that this might clear it up some, it really didn't do much.
My concern is should I be looking at anything else on the boat before it becomes to serious or is this about standard on these 2 strokes?
I will also be replacing the fuel filter, fuel-water separator, and the spark plugs next spring for my winterizing & de-winterizing. I am thinking those replacements may help as well.
Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am a new owner of the Islandia but absolutely love it and want to take good care of it.
Lastly I am using the Mercury Mariner Quicksilver Premium Synthetic Blend Oil as well.

Some smoke is normal on a 2-stroke. Especially, when cold.

But... with that said... you may want to test the function of the TPS, and to make sure it's set properly. Also, make sure the oil pump is aligned.

With an 04 Islandia, KenK should have an 03 Merc powerhead. Wouldn't it have the electric oil injection pump? Is there a way to check those for providing proper mix ratio?

Thanks Tony, do you know where I can get a good cheap Merc Digital Diagnostic Tool to check and calibrate the TPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back