Mercury 240 EFI beeping noise

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

R1co

Hello y’all i have a few questions concerning my newly bought seadoo boat , i have got a pretty decent price on it and really like it , the boat is a 2002 speedster , with the 240 efi mercury engine in it , have no clue of its maintenance history but the engine fires right up , 123 psi to 125 variating from one cylinder to another , have not got anything below 122 to 125 i had a buddy check it with me that knows very little about those engines but has worked on boats before . # 1 question , i have a random beeping noise thats really anoying and cant figure out what the issue may be , its a very intermittent beep that goes on randomly but then again very often no loss of power at all ,
# 2 question , how do i know if its electric pump or gear driven pump , i know these engines have had there issues ,then again just looking for any help on how to service the boat my self , any tips or tricks would be much appreciated , looking to heat from you guys shortly ,BTW i will be doing mainly all the work myself , so dont be shy to give me any tips and tricks on how to check or do certain things
Here to learn
Thanks alot boys !!!!
Enrico
QC,canada

Try the chat or emailing the factory with your serial number. I did that and they were able to confirm my s/n was an electric oil pump. I now also have the service manual and have located it to visually confirm it's an electric type.

I have the same beeping noise and was told it was because my oil sensor needed to be replaced. It's a warning beep that should indicate low oil but if the sensor fails it will go off overly 3-4 minutes 4-5 times regardless if your oil tank is full or not.

It is annoying I know. It's a $20 USD part and easy fix. I'd start there first.

Cheers

If the oil level sensor replacement doesn't solve the problem then I would try to replace the on-engine oil level reservoir tank. I had to go thru both of those steps on my 2002 to solve the beeping because replacing just the sensor did not fix the issue. I read elsewhere in the forum that the magnetic pickup for the sensor is on a float inside the tank and it can come loose from the float and fall to the bottom of the tank. That's exactly what happened to me. I was able to test it by just connecting the sensor to the new empty tank and turn it upside down to move the float, when I did the alarm went away. As a side note, I even have a Mercury Smartcraft gauge display for my boat and it was no help. For some reason, Mercury has combined this fault condition with many other fault codes so it's difficult pinpoint the exact issue.

If the oil level sensor replacement doesn't solve the problem then I would try to replace the on-engine oil level reservoir tank. I had to go thru both of those steps on my 2002 to solve the beeping because replacing just the sensor did not fix the issue. I read elsewhere in the forum that the magnetic pickup for the sensor is on a float inside the tank and it can come loose from the float and fall to the bottom of the tank. That's exactly what happened to me. I was able to test it by just connecting the sensor to the new empty tank and turn it upside down to move the float, when I did the alarm went away. As a side note, I even have a Mercury Smartcraft gauge display for my boat and it was no help. For some reason, Mercury has combined this fault condition with many other fault codes so it's difficult pinpoint the exact issue.
You have vessel view?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back