Mercury 2003 240M2 EFI Cylinder Head Removal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mac1gt

Mercury 2003 240M2 EFI Cylinder Head Removal.

Need to remove the cylinder heads of my Mercury 2003 240M2 EFI in my 2004 Islandia. I think it is possible to remove them in the boat, just wasn't sure. Needing to have 2 broken-off heat sensors removed. Tried to use an extraction tool but it didn't work either. Then the tool broke off in one of the holes\.

Think I will need to take the head to a machine shop to fix, but not sure never done anything like this before. Any one else ever have this issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

IMG_5711.jpg

Mercury 2003 240M2 EFI Cylinder Head Removal.

Need to remove the cylinder heads of my Mercury 2003 240M2 EFI in my 2004 Islandia. I think it is possible to remove them in the boat, just wasn't sure. Needing to have 2 broken-off heat sensors removed. Tried to use an extraction tool but it didn't work either. Then the tool broke off in one of the holes\.

Think I will need to take the head to a machine shop to fix, but not sure never done anything like this before. Any one else ever have this issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

View attachment 59713

With some persistence, heads can be removed from engine without removing the engine. don't forget to order head gaskets. They are rubber and 1 use only.

With some persistence, heads can be removed from engine without removing the engine. don't forget to order head gaskets. They are rubber and 1 use only.
Got them off and replaced, it was a pretty tight work space for sure. Runs good now.

h
Got them off and replaced, it was a pretty tight work space for sure. Runs good now.
ow hard were they to get off? Im very mechanical yet, looking at that motor scares me! lol Also, what issues were you having that u needed to replace the sensors?

It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Have to move the coils out of the way to get to the bottom head bolts, but other than that it was pretty straight forward. Getting the new parts took a bit though.

I was told that the temp sensors may need replacing since it was hard to start after towing. Not sure if that was the case or not. Going out this weekend to test everything.

Looking back, I wouldn't of tried to pull the sensors off until I knew for sure they needed to be replaced. Ended up cost a lot more once I jacked up the heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back