Meet and Greet Hi to Everyone

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario O

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and have already enjoyed reading through hours of threads regarding SeaDoo Jet Skies and Seadoo Sport Boats. I have owned a couple of Jet Skies for a shot time and have recently purchased a 1996 Speedster. I have homes and spend time in both Manchester CT and Port St. Lucie FL. I have owned boats and motorcycles all of my life and really enjoy the wrenching part. The Jet drive system on the Jet Skies was 100% new to me and I can admit that before finding this site I did not completely understand how the systems worked. I had an issue with the 2002 Seadoo that I purchased with only running it on the trailer and the PO told me that it ran great. After putting it into the water, it did not run under load. I ended up having to take it to a mechanic who ended up just installing a re-manufactured engine and I sold the machine at a big $$$ loss without even trying it myself. That bad experience has motivated me to the point that I am going to learn everything about Seadoo’s. I have really enjoyed reading everyone’s experiences on this site. I have rebuilt several car engines and more motorcycle engines than I can count. I am new to the two strokes world. After spending some time on this site, I think I now understand motors and Jet drive systems to the point that I am almost look forward to having an issue with my machine to trouble shoot. I am going to purchase another jet ski with a 717 engine that is not running soon just as a project to have a spare engine for my Speedster. I will consider it a project to learn more.
Best Regards!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard and thanks for joining.

There are MANY people here with great knowledge and wiling to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back