Max rpm for challenger 180se 2008?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

axlrock10

Im only getting 6500 rpm and around 33 mph. Everything runs and sounds fine. Its at the dealership now they dont find anything wrong. No P codes they say thay can only run it up to 5000 rpm at the dealer. they want to take it to the lake to test it. They say they will call seedoo if they cant find anything wrong. I just hit 25 hours. I would like to get back on the lake. Any info will be helpfull. :ack:

Something is not right and I really hope you have a dealer with a good SeaDoo mechanic. Our local powersports dealer has a great one and my 08 Challenger 180 SE has 19 hours and was in for its 10 hour pm. I broke it in gently in the first 10 hours.

I can push mine to over 50 MPH at max RPM. At 6500 RPM I cruise around 30-32 MPH. At 7000 I can go 35-37 MPH. These results are very much in line with the test data from BoatTest.com. They tested with 3 people in the boat and 7/8 tank of gas, and show the following results: 4000 RPM - 6.7 MPH, 5000 RPM - 7.7 MPH, 5500 RPM - 13.5 MPH, 6000 RPM - 24.7 MPH, 6500 RPM - 30.7 MPH, 7000 RPM - 35.4 MPH, 7800 RPM - 43 MPH. My experience is a little higher overall than these test results. Higher in speed that is, but I usually only have two people in the boat.

Also, you can get the most distance running from 6000 to 6500 RPM as this seems to be a real sweet spot with the results showing a range of 74 miles. I asked a lot of people on the forum how far they can get without refilling and this is in line with the results that I found.

I would really expect you boat to hit 7800 RPM and get to a speed of over 43 MPH as long as the water is smooth and you are not heavily loaded. Good luck with the dealer!

Uh Oh!

I'm just guessing here but that sounds like textbook supercharger clutch slippage. Guys?

Craig

Im only getting 6500 rpm and around 33 mph. Everything runs and sounds fine. Its at the dealership now they dont find anything wrong. No P codes they say thay can only run it up to 5000 rpm at the dealer. they want to take it to the lake to test it. They say they will call seedoo if they cant find anything wrong. I just hit 25 hours. I would like to get back on the lake. Any info will be helpfull. :ack:

Your max RPM should be 8100 with the SE, which is supercharged. Also, your top speed should be in the 40's. I'd say around mid-40's "real world" speed, or higher if you're relying on the speedo, which can be optimistic at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back