"Maintenance Required" message & "Wrench" light on dash

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gday

So this weekend, my Speedster 150 HO 2012 started displaying the "Maintenance Required" message. I've owned the boat since 84 hours and it now has 136 hours and this is the first time I've seen the message. Does anyone have a clue as to the intervals for these maintenance messages and exactly what maintenance it thinks it wants? I can't see anything that ties to ~136 hours for example. I did have my 8 year old battery die and was replaced a few weeks earlier - is there some tie in to that event??

As far as resetting, I'm guessing I need to be purchasing a candoo home setup soon...

-mick

If I remember correctly, it comes on for maintenance approx 50hrs since it the maintenance was reset on the computer. If you bought it at 84 hours and the maintenance was done right before you bought it, the math adds up.

You just need to reset it, and probably do an oil change and plug change.

So as an update.... my local to me seadoo dealer wont touch boats so I broke down and bought the candoo system. What a neat piece of software etc. Would have been nice to know that the diag port in my boat is sort of near the battery - but made for a connector hunt for a few mins! Anyways I've reset things and found no codes - cool. So from my calcs given the last reset that the software showed, it appears that 80 hours from the last reset was the magical number that tripped my maintenance reminder.

So as an update.... my local to me seadoo dealer wont touch boats so I broke down and bought the candoo system. What a neat piece of software etc. Would have been nice to know that the diag port in my boat is sort of near the battery - but made for a connector hunt for a few mins! Anyways I've reset things and found no codes - cool. So from my calcs given the last reset that the software showed, it appears that 80 hours from the last reset was the magical number that tripped my maintenance reminder.
interested in the candoo diagnostic tool... What type of info does it give you (just the basics)? Would be interested in hearing more about it.

My local dealer as well will not touch the boats. Had to take it on a 3 hour round trip to get a dealer to reset my TPS Sensor. Should have just ordered it then. I am in Canada so I ordered mine from GreenHulk site because they had experience shipping to Canada.

You can reset your Throttle Position Sensor (when needed). You can monitor many aspects of your motor's performance and history. You can reset your maintenance. If you have a check engine light on, can determine why it is on and resolve the problem and then clear the code. You can see the runtime history of the boat and use that to perhaps diagnose any problems.

You can reset your Throttle Position Sensor (when needed). You can monitor many aspects of your motor's performance and history. You can reset your maintenance. If you have a check engine light on, can determine why it is on and resolve the problem and then clear the code. You can see the runtime history of the boat and use that to perhaps diagnose any problems.
with the check engine light, does it give you more than the code that appears on the dash?

The Candoo scanner allows one to marry components (ie: gauge cluster/ECU). Programing new keys or deleting old ones. It is used for clearing active faults and looking at all the inactive faults. While the engine is running it has a gauge read out, in case your gauge cluster cannot be read. It will turn on and off components like the fuel pump or beeper, just to name a couple. Reset the TPS. But the best feature is you get one year online support through the Canddo forum. There are wiring diagrams and manuals and the best thing is the forum. Dennis is one smart cookie over there. The scanner is the best tool I have in my tool box for my 13 year old Seadoo boat.

I need to pull my supercharger this weekend and I'll try to take a few screen pics of the various candoo program tabs/windows before hand. It does provide descriptions of the codes yes. There is like 8 or so windows providing various diag info.

Here are some screen shots of various tabs of my candoo diag program. There are more tabs but these are the more interesting ones I think. I believe the GPS fault is due to my boat being in the garage right now.

Now back to the removal of my supercharger which is already looking like a bitch of a job. If anyone has any tips for the removal given that I have a 2012 150, I'd love to hear em! If I was half size I'm sure it would help LOL!

-mick

Attachments

• 60.JPG
    60.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 23
  • activate.JPG
    activate.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 26
  • faults.JPG
    faults.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 22
  • guages.JPG