Maintenance Guide??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie 70

My wife just bought a 1998 Sportster with the twin Rotax motors. I do not know which two motors they are but the man we bought the boat from said it was 166HP. The boat runs good and seems to perform well. Could you tell what motors the boat has?

What I would like to know is there a maintenance guide that I can look at on how to keep the boat in top shape so we can enjoy it any time we take it to the lake. Any recommended maintenance I should perform since the boat is new to us? I have no idea what the previous owner did as far as maintenance besides change plugs in the motors.

The only problems I know the boat has are the gas gauge not working and the right side motor tach not working.

Any help or links would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
The boat came with the owners manual and cd rom shop manual/service manual. I just have not looked at either one of them yet.

Engines.......

Eddie, your Sportster came with the Rotax twin 787cc motors with the power valves, well known as RAVE valves. Both of your motors have a combined output of 220 horse power.

This is a nice boat. If you keep it up, it will serve you well and you should have a blast in it.

At the bottom of this post, in my signature, you'll see a link to my "a look insde the 787". It has pictures for you to look at and see what's inside. There is some simple explanations on the parts you'll be looking at.

You can also look through this boating forum or do a search from the tool bar about on keywords like "787" etc.....

The first thing you need to do is learn how to winterize it. Look in the upper threads till you find the post, "winterizing". Then read through it beacause you'll be wanting to protect your motors through the winter months.

Good luck on your new boat.........sounds like it was a great buy!:cheers:

Eddie, your Sportster came with the Rotax twin 787cc motors with the power valves, well known as RAVE valves. Both of your motors have a combined output of 220 horse power.

This is a nice boat. If you keep it up, it will serve you well and you should have a blast in it.

At the bottom of this post, in my signature, you'll see a link to my "a look insde the 787". It has pictures for you to look at and see what's inside. There is some simple explanations on the parts you'll be looking at.

You can also look through this boating forum or do a search from the tool bar about on keywords like "787" etc.....

The first thing you need to do is learn how to winterize it. Look in the upper threads till you find the post, "winterizing". Then read through it beacause you'll be wanting to protect your motors through the winter months.

Good luck on your new boat.........sounds like it was a great buy!:cheers:
Louis the only engine that I seen that came in that year sportster was the 717 85 hp. single 14 ft and twin 18 ft. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back