Low voltage Code P0562

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nuwave

I have a 2007 GTX 155. I checked all the fuses and all are ok. Checked all the connectors, cleaned and put some dielectric grease on them. My battery is 2 years old from Seadoo. The code does go away sometimes. Shut the engine down and restart the code comes back. What stumps me is the the code goes away on an engine start and stays off until I stop and try to restart? Anyone with any ideas? Thanks for your help in advance.

Battery is starting to loose a cell. Time to replace the battery. Reason the code goes away is because the stator is putting out the voltage it needs to run when the ski is running.

Yes, check voltage before and after starting. Should never be below 11.5 and should go up once started

I still say that batt is slowly dying. Better to change now than be stuck half way in the water when she finally goes

The battery is 2 years old from seadoo. When I go back to the cottage I will pull the battery out and check the sg. Is there a better battery to by then an original? thanks

Arent they sealed batteries? do a load test on it aswell. I just replaced a 2 1/2 year batt on my rxp. Held 12 volts but failed a load test

Resting voltage of fully charged battery is 12.8 v. Industry consider a battery dead at 11.9 resting.

Charge the battery with an automatic charger until full or for at least an hour at 2-4 amps, then wait an hour and test it then, if it's below 12.4 volts then the battery is faulty, if not then your charging system is acting up.

Charge the battery with an automatic charger until full or for at least an hour at 2-4 amps, then wait an hour and test it then, if it's below 12.4 volts then the battery is faulty, if not then your charging system is acting up.

Thanks. I will try that when I get back to the cottage this weekend coming. Thanks for you input.

Your battery is probably good. Fully charge it, and get it tested against the amperage rating (CCA) that is listed on the battery.

Well I charged the battery all day yesterday. Unpluged the charger last night. This moring the voltage on the battery was 12.90 volts. Put it in the seadoo started it up, now I get
hi volts code P0563. I'm leaning towards the rectifier ??? With engine running its putting out 16.60 volts. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance

Yes, max voltage is supposed to be regulated to 15 VDC. That combined with the previous under voltage condition points directly to your rectifier/regulator.

A word of advice: if you're going to replace the regulator, get an OEM, or a good, NAME BRAND aftermarket, like Compufire (the one I went with). Thinking they're all the same, I bought a cheapo eBay one. On the first outing, the POS caught on fire. I'm not kidding, there was molten flaming plastic dripping onto my fuel tank. Thankfully, the tank was aluminum since I custom built this boat. I didn't die in a flaming boating catastrophe, but it was a very sobering lesson to not cheap out on electronic parts.

Don't forget to check your ground and positive cables for good connection, loose cables can also cause problems like yours. Otherwise sounds like a rectifier.

Well I replaced the rectifier with a new seadoo unit and all is well.
Thanks to everyone for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back