Low compression 97 gtx 787

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Velaant

I have a 1997 gtx won’t stay running for more than 5 seconds. Compression is 90 on one cylinder and 115 on the other. Will that cause it to not run?

Spark and fuel are 100% good

Are you testing with a reliable compression gauge? If those numbers are accurate it is bad news. The engine running is the least of your worries. With those numbers I don't believe just doing a top end alone would be worth the risk.

Are you testing with a reliable compression gauge? If those numbers are accurate it is bad news. The engine running is the least of your worries. With those numbers I don't believe just doing a top end alone would be worth the risk
Yes the gauge is accurate I used 2 different gauges same readings.

I was think about doing a top end but just cause of how low that one cylinder is I expected to have the same issue down the road. Might just try to find another motor

If it doesn't bother you to perhaps waste a few $100 do the top end and see what happens. To make a good decision you really need to be there. LOL Problem I see with doing engines is the down time.

Back