Lots of water in Bilge 2005 Seadoo GTI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to give an update... Found the real issue after the third time removing the head pipe... it had a fracture in it that I just did not see the first two times. I thought that it was just a gouge from when the gasket material was scraped off, but it was indeed a hairline fracture. See pics....

Got lucky to find a used one at a local jet ski ship, cleaned it up and used 220 grit sandpaper to smooth down the mating surfaces on the exhaust and head pipe. Installed a new gasket and torqued down the bolts per spec at 17 ft pounds (204 inch pounds) and 18 foot pounds for the exhaust bracket bolt.

No leaks and now it is back in service. good thing I live in Texas .. should have two more months of lake time :)

Just wanted to say than you to Mekanix and mikidymac for taking the time to give their advice .. I do appreciate it!

Jimmy

Attachments

• IMG_20190917_114301722.jpg
    IMG_20190917_114301722.jpg
    650.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20190917_114307060_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190917_114307060_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Just wanted to give an update... Found the real issue after the third time removing the head pipe... it had a fracture in it that I just did not see the first two times. I thought that it was just a gouge from when the gasket material was scraped off, but it was indeed a hairline fracture. See pics....

Got lucky to find a used one at a local jet ski ship, cleaned it up and used 220 grit sandpaper to smooth down the mating surfaces on the exhaust and head pipe. Installed a new gasket and torqued down the bolts per spec at 17 ft pounds (204 inch pounds) and 18 foot pounds for the exhaust bracket bolt.

No leaks and now it is back in service. good thing I live in Texas .. should have two more months of lake time :)

Just wanted to say than you to Mekanix and mikidymac for taking the time to give their advice .. I do appreciate it!

Jimmy

Wow. That's a good find! Glad it work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back