loss of speed but i have 6890 rpms

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

superswannavy

Ok this may be an easy fix but i am new to the seadoo world. I have a 99 gtx RFI and it was running perfect the last couple of weeks. the other day i took it out and it was running pretty well when i noticed that when i am on the gas it gets up to about 40mph the tops out. The Rpms get up to 6870 ish but no more speed. no one of my pals has a newer seadoo and says it has two keys one for starters and one for experinced riders. Does the 99 have this, or does someone know what may be happening? I was thinking something with the drive shaft or impeller but do not know how to check?

The wear ring is inside the pump, check the hull seal ring pressure, if you can move the rubber back enough to put the clip into a new space this could have the same effect, otherwise you take the pump and shaft out to rework the pump/wear ring.

thanks for the input. i will have to check the seals and the wear ring tonight, if thats not the problem is there anything else i need to check?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back