Looking for expert help, works perfect but low compression

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

sniper-ghosts

Hi, I'm new here and read some post on engine compression here. But nothing comes up on this situation.

I'm really stuck on solving this problem with my rxt300 2016

Below is the situation.

Rxt 300 2016
225 hours, mostly trolling hours
Runs and starts like new every time.
I never ever had any problems with it and I looked after it every time. So it's in excellent condition inside and out

Took it for a it's yearly service and the mechanic said it has a low compression reading and needs to be rebuilt. Around 8 to 12k

Front 48 psi
Mid 60psi
Back 65psi

I took it out 6 times after this to test it and still runs like new and starts first go. You would think it came from the shop new.

Did another compression and it's the same.

I had 2x people 200kg of weight on it today and run 116km in sports and normal mode no problem at all.

If it has low compression how can I get to this power and speed?

My heads hurting from all the research so if anyone has an idea to fix it and not just do a rebuild because it's reading low.

Thanks in advance.

Compression readings can be very misleading which is why seadoo doesn't even advise to do compression tests. Is it being tested with a hot engine? A leakdown test is a much better test of engine health.

If you are hitting 115km, everything is fine. I suspect your cold motor and slow engine cranking during the compression test is not allowing the valves to seat but at high rpm and temp they seat fine.

I would just ride it and enjoy it.

Compression readings can be very misleading which is why seadoo doesn't even advise to do compression tests. Is it being tested with a hot engine? A leakdown test is a much better test of engine health.

If you are hitting 115km, everything is fine. I suspect your cold motor and slow engine cranking during the compression test is not allowing the valves to seat but at high rpm and temp they seat fine.

I would just ride it and enjoy it.
The first test was cold which was with seadoo mechanic

3 days later I used it and took it straight to them 1 hour after and got the same reading.
Not sure if that's hot enough.

After that low compression reading I went back and still getting 116km

I wonder why they wouldn't do a leak test they just wanted to get stuck into it and take the head off.

I seen some things on utube putting some liquid down there freeing up the pistons but I'm not sure if that's good or not.

Back