Looking at another Wake Pro, opinions needed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spunbearing

Hi guys,

I passed on the last Wake Pro that had electrical issues and I found another one with 200 hours that looks mint. Its a 2010 with a trailer and a bunch of extras. It has been maintained and winterized by in independent shop for the past 5 years and the last trip to the Seadoo dealer was for a hose that popped off. The owner will let me water test it but I have not had time to. What is a good price for this? The supercharger has not been rebuilt so am I going to need to do that right away?

Any input is appreciated!

Maybe I didn't put enough info in the description to get a reply. For a 2010 the Doo was in very good shape and all the other ones I looked at in my price range had over 350 hours. I was able to water test it and there are not any error codes, just the supercharger maintenance required indicator. That was factored into the price so I picked it up. Now I need to read up on rebuilding the superchargers and how to clear the maintenance required warning. Looks like only Candoos can do this but $400 is a steep price but if I keep the Doo for a while it probably is worth it. Here is a list of things that need to be done before next season, is there anything I am missing? The manual for this monster is 180 pages! But it does cover the required maintenance and their intervals.

1. Change all fluids (engine oil, pump oil, coolant)
2. Supercharger rebuild
3. Spark Plugs
4. iBR friction sleeves and locking sleeve <- not 100% sure what these even are

The pump oil is not actually mentioned in the Operator's Guide Maintenance Schedule but I do not have records of this being done recently so better to be safe than sorry. It can't hurt to change the wear ring while I am in there. Any input would be great.

Thanks!

Pretty sure if it’s a 2010 it has pump grease and not oil. The pump cover should be removed and the grease inspected for water infiltration yearly. Other than getting your hands on a service manual if you plan on servicing it yourself and check out PWC Muscle for your supercharger rebuild.

Thanks for the reply skiasylum. How is your 2011 Wake Pro holding up? How many hours do you have on it and do you service it yourself?

126 hours, bought it with 30 have owned it 3 years. PWC did my supercharger at 100, replaced the gate bushings and I do my own routine maintenance. Own a Candoo Pro home for service resets and misc. diagnostics. Sucked up a couple of ski ropes, operator error, and other than that ski has been great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back