looking at a used 04 GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

archaicguy

I'm looking at buying a used 04 GTX with 193 hours. Any things to look for? Supercharger was rebuilt, tune up, oil change and new battery in the last year. Good for towing?

Wanting to buy 2 Sea-Doo this spring and thinking one new and one used. Buying used worries me.

Last edited:
Don't be surprised if the idle oscilates. Mine does (03 gtx sc w/ 185hp, no intercooler). Can't figure out what's causing it. Take it for a water test if you can, that will tell a lot more than on land. If on land, obviously check for codes by pressing set 5x (or was it the mode button, I forget). It's about due for an intercooler rebuild. I'd be surprised if those ceramic washers held up. Mine had a tiny sliver missing when I took it apart. Oil pumps had some scarring, but still worked well enough. Guess that little piece got chewed up somewhere. Crawl up underneath and check the impeller leading edges and wear ring. You'll need a flashlight or use your phone. Make sure the steering and reverse cables work smoothly. These come with a learner key. Would be nice to have a backup in case you lose one, learner could get you home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back