Looking at a 2012 challenger 210 non SC

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterbug13

I found a nice challenger or think it is for sale, it has about 85hrs on it and from what pics I've seen and told it's like new inside and out. Trying to find a nice jet boat in seado or Yamaha around here is hard for some reason. What should I look for in this boat and what kind of maintenance will this take? I'm not new to boat ing but I am new to the jet boats. Also what kind of stuff should I look at adding to the boat if I get it? Thank you for any and all info I get and safe boating out there

I purchased a 2012 Challenger (non SC, twin 155hp motors) a couple of months ago with 47 hours on it. Ours has the wake tower which I have grown to really like. It's been a rock solid boat and a complete blast on the lake. I've put 40 hours on it in the last two months and am keeping it in a slip all summer. Only issue I've had on the water is occasionally sucking up seaweed (have to dive in occasionally and pull it out by hand) and getting a stick jammed in one impeller (had to pull boat from water to remove that). Sometimes the throttle lever gets hung up and stiff in neutral/reverse and the shifter button sticks pushed in ... but minor issues. Awesome boat. For the non supercharged engines maintenance wise I believe it's just oil changes each season and fresh plugs.

Oil change and spark plugs yearly. There are other maintenance items based on hours, checking the impeller bearings / lube, carbon seal etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back