LOCTITE 515 on head oring

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BC3

I was wondering who actually uses either loctite 515 or Permatex's version 51531 (anaerobic flange sealer) to seal the head top plate (oring), the dome orings, and the head orings to cylinders?

The manual says to do so (Seadoo's), but I've never done it. I've called around to a couple of dealers and they all say they don't bother. (just a bit of oil at reassemble).

I cant find Loctite 515 anywhere, and according to a Permatex, they say they have a similiar product #51813 (anearobic gasket maker).

Opinions? skip it or schmear it on? bc3

Permatex web site for gasket makers

http://www.permatex.com/documents/GasketMakerSelector.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
........nah

I don't use anything on my "0" rings. If I reuse them, I might make sure they are nice and clean and as long as they are nice a pliable, probably still not use anything. But I see in your avatar, your talking about an older engine.

I do use Permatex blue, red and black gasket maker and sealant on anything I do. I do not use Loctite on anything but locking threads. And not many of those.

I use the blue silicone on my pump end and the red and black high temp on exhaust areas. So if you want security, I'd use the high temp black....and use it very sparingly..........:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back