Largest modern ski that fits a 90s Shorelandr single trailer?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ozshadow

I have a mid90s Shorelandr single trailer. It currently has a 94 XP on it with more than enough room for that. It is about 9' from the front roller to the current end of the bunks.

The tires and hubs are new 12" so no issues there. I need to replace the current bunks, so they could be extended maybe 6 more".

What I am wondering is how large of a modern ski can I fit on this trailer? I don't tow far.

Would a current 3 seater like the GTX fit or would I be maxed at a 2 seat Spark with this trailer?

I'm using the same trailer for my 94 XP or 97 GTX depending on the day. Just make sure those bunks are solid wood, not rotting or fatigued. Keep the bearings greased and snug, not tight, and tires are pumped up to manufacturers specs. It will haul a 3 seater no problem.

The metal, all around, can carry the weight. The boards will fail on any trailer over time, either the screws holding them will rust or the boards will wear out.

The shorelandr trailers are rated at 1,200 lbs. The big issue is the length on the older trailers since the newer skis have gotten so long.
If you can't get the ski forward enough to have the correct tongue weight it will be very dangerous and unstable when towing.

Rough rule is 10% of the total weight is what you should have for tongue weight. NEVER run a trailer that has the tongue in the air when parked and even a "perfectly balanced" trailer is dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back