Lanyard Switch Information

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

AirSniper

Good Information for reference:
My Lanyard switch cover rotted through last weekend, would have had to hold the switch in for the long ride back. Here's some good info that I found, may help someone some day.

The switch is closed (allows current) when NOT engaged, at rest, no lanyard.
The switch is open (open contacts, no continuity, no current) when in normal operation, engine running.

I disconnected the switch's connector and made it home without a sore finger.

Simple as that, thought I'd share.

Lanyard Swich.JPG

Mine was doing the same thing (2001 Challenger 2000) and I replaced it with a universal one

Sea Dog 420488-1 Kill Switch with Lanyard from Amazon (not enough posts to link it)

Had to open the hole in the dash a hair but it is great

Thanks for posting.
Quick question..I'm not getting any signal when I connect the safety lanyard..do you think is the lannyard or the switch? THANKS !!

On my boat under normal conditions I get an alarm beep turning the key to run, no beep if the lanyard switch is not engaged.

do you suspect you have a bad switch? if the switch is bad, no beep when you go to run & the engine cranks but no start. My lanyard plug rotted and fell apart, the switch was good, but the lanyard plug broke.
Testing the switch is pretty easy if you can get to it, use a multimeter, you either have continuity or not as outlined above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back