Lake Oconee Ga

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I can stand on my dock and see the dam. It is only about a half a mile away. We are at opposite ends of the lake for sure. I do not venture that far up the lake very often. I am getting the pump rebuilt on one of my skis this week and I hope to have it back together by the weekend. My girlfriend has never been that far up lake so if I get it all running again I think I will show her around a bit. Let me know if you will be up there and maybe we could meet up. There is a pretty good chance of thundershowers this weekend. Maybe they will miss us. I didn't ride the skis at all last year but I have made up for this year.

I usually boat on the north end of the lake. My parents live across from Reynolds so I get down that way a good bit too. I hit a tree with my brand new Speedster two weeks ago on the north end. Boat has a big hole in it now and it will take a month to have it fixed. Maybe in August we could all meet up.

I can stand on my dock and see the dam. It is only about a half a mile away. We are at opposite ends of the lake for sure. I do not venture that far up the lake very often. I am getting the pump rebuilt on one of my skis this week and I hope to have it back together by the weekend. My girlfriend has never been that far up lake so if I get it all running again I think I will show her around a bit. Let me know if you will be up there and maybe we could meet up. There is a pretty good chance of thundershowers this weekend. Maybe they will miss us. I didn't ride the skis at all last year but I have made up for this year.

I usually boat on the north end of the lake. My parents live across from Reynolds so I get down that way a good bit too. I hit a tree with my brand new Speedster two weeks ago on the north end. Boat has a big hole in it now and it will take a month to have it fixed. Maybe in August we could all meet up.

yeah the north end can be kind of dangerous if you don't know the channels, but for us up north it is kind of nice because it keeps all the day boaters down south of I-20. Where up north did you hit the tree? but yeah almost everyone i know has hit a stump at some time or another; i have not hit one in my challenger yet (knock on wood) but have hit one lightly in the pontoon boat. the few times a year i venture south i usually trialer it to the public launch at the Ritz and go from there.

where are you having your boat fixed? i have not had to take mine in for service yet and my normal mechanic is all the way back in Lawrenceville. did you take it to Gusto?
Do you put in at Swords with a white Ford? I think I saw you a while back.

my parents have a place on the lake and there is a private launch in their neighborhood and that is what i always use but i am only about a 5min boat ride from swords and use that launch when the water is to low to pull out at night; but yeah i am the only blue challenger that is on the water up here:cheers:

I will be away from the lake for 3 weeks:( because i am doing some traveling but hopefully one day we can all find a place to meet up, I am on the water year round so plenty of time to figure something out

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as mechanic work i get my skis worked on in Milledgeville. Sinclair Powersports. I know one of the mechanics there. Not sure where you would go to get patchwork to the hull done. I use them because i know the mechanic and it seems they are a little easier on the wallet compared to the rest of the repair shops around here. I have had some bad experiences with both the other places here. Not to take anything away from either one of the other places as i am sure they are good shops. I just got the call a few minutes ago that my pump is finished so i am going to pick it up and put it back on this evening. Maybe i will even get it finished in time to ride it some.

Well bad news. I got it all back together and now the ski is cavitating when i give it full throttle. Going to pull it back off tomorrow and see if i can see anything wrong. I am sure it is going to be the prop. I knew i should have replaced it when he rebuilt the pump. He thought he could salvage it but i guess it was beyond repair. Still holding out for the weekend. Maybe if i get the call in to him early enough tomorrow he can have me a new prop there and get it back on for me.

I don't know how to say where I hit the tree. You head towards a dock on a point and turn hard to the the left and head straight for the shore if you are heading north on the lake. Obviously I was to far left. I was running 55mph when I hit it too. I am having JOA on Lake Lanier fix it. They fixed one last year that did the same thing. No troubles yet so I feel good about it. No Gusto for me I have my reasons. I will be back on the lake in August I hope.

Well bad news. I got it all back together and now the ski is cavitating when i give it full throttle. Going to pull it back off tomorrow and see if i can see anything wrong. I am sure it is going to be the prop. I knew i should have replaced it when he rebuilt the pump. He thought he could salvage it but i guess it was beyond repair. Still holding out for the weekend. Maybe if i get the call in to him early enough tomorrow he can have me a new prop there and get it back on for me.

sorry to hear it; I hope you get it fixed up soon

I don't know how to say where I hit the tree. You head towards a dock on a point and turn hard to the the left and head straight for the shore if you are heading north on the lake. Obviously I was to far left. I was running 55mph when I hit it too. I am having JOA on Lake Lanier fix it. They fixed one last year that did the same thing. No troubles yet so I feel good about it. No Gusto for me I have my reasons. I will be back on the lake in August I hope.

I think i know exactly where you are talking about and the exact stump; was it north of the sward's launch; that is almost the exact area i live; like you go north from the launch on the right side of the lake then you get to the dock with the diving board and cut over to the other side heading toward the opposite shoreline; if that is where you area talking about then yeah if you are too far left there is a stump his almost always hidden under the water but even when the water is down at night it is still under

sorry to hear it; I hope you get it fixed up soon

I think i know exactly where you are talking about and the exact stump; was it north of the sward's launch; that is almost the exact area i live; like you go north from the launch on the right side of the lake then you get to the dock with the diving board and cut over to the other side heading toward the opposite shoreline; if that is where you area talking about then yeah if you are too far left there is a stump his almost always hidden under the water but even when the water is down at night it is still under

Yep that is exactly the one I hit. have been though there a bunch of times. I have friends that live right there. Good thing for insurance. It is 11k to get the boat fixed. I was running about 55mph and hit the stump. Got the boat stopped and made sure every one was ok in the boat. I opened up the ski locker to see if the boat was taking on water and it was. I decided to make an attempt at getting in back on the trailer. So we ran wide open all the way back to swords I dove off the boat onto the dock and there was one ramp open. I got the trailer backed in and the wife put the boat on the trailer perfect. I really could not believe it worked. All the damage is fiberglass, I missed the engines. It had a crap load of water in it. Both engines and the gas tank has to be removed to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lake Ocon

i know this is old but im just saying never go to a house next to a lake coz its WINDY and you werent sensing a spirit it was the wind theres some fusion that creates a thought inside you it was only wind

I'm out on the lake every couple
of days haha. Look out for a 1996 bright yellow seadoo xp. Would love to ride with a group of people one day that would be awesome

Back