Knock sensor on 951 carbureted engine

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

FL-Rider

Has anyone installed a knock sensor and indicator on a carbureted engine? I was looking at a Knocklink G4 and wanted to know if anyone has tried it or something similar.

Why? As long as you are running the correct octane you will be fine. Also on a carbed engine you would more likely run lean and damage the engine which would not cause a knock sensor to go off.

Your best diagnostic tool would be a digital EGT gauge with two separate probes and readout.

Yeah, I would like to have a set up with dual EGT/CHT gauges. It would take some considerable time though to pull & tap the exhaust manifold, install them and then fabricate a custom instrument bezel or storage compartment lid to mount them. I've been thinking of ways to do it and still have it look good. There's just no way around putting a good amount of time into it to make it happen. So, I'm considering a knock sensor and indicator light because it would be a lot quicker and easier to install and mount. I was thinking to up my compression a little bit by changing to a different head and would like to have something in place to monitor the engine before I do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back