Just purchased 2012 Challenger 180SE

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

st3rling

Hi All,
My wife and I just purchased new 2012 Challenger 180SE and I have a couple of questions.

1. On the tachometer, there is gps light/symbol - what is it for? Is it just for measuring speed? Couldn't find anything in the manual (or maybe I just missed it).

2. We also have 2011 model baby (he's almost 9 months) and my wife worries that the bugs will get to him when he takes naps while we're on the water. Does anyone know if there are side curtains (either mesh or clear vinyl) for the bimini top (no wake tower)?

Thank you,
Denis

I'm not much help with your questions. Just wanted to say welcome!!!! Great choice of boats. Your brave to take a new baby out. Ive been trying the past 2 years and the wife wouldn't let me. My oldest turned 2 in november and i keep telling the wife this is the year i take her out with me. I also have a 5 month old, i doubt that she will go.

9 month old in a jet boat

Hi All,
My wife and I just purchased new 2012 Challenger 180SE and I have a couple of questions.

1. On the tachometer, there is gps light/symbol - what is it for? Is it just for measuring speed? Couldn't find anything in the manual (or maybe I just missed it).

2. We also have 2011 model baby (he's almost 9 months) and my wife worries that the bugs will get to him when he takes naps while we're on the water. Does anyone know if there are side curtains (either mesh or clear vinyl) for the bimini top (no wake tower)?

Thank you,
Denis

i dont know if you have ever had a ride in a jet boat but bugs on your 9 month old is the least of your concerns. i hope you give that some more serious thought.

Congrats on your purchase. I had a old 94 sea rayder jet boat. The only reason I just bought a new 2012 challenger 180 SE was for my 14 month old daughter. We have had it out every weekend since we bought it a month ago and my little girl loves it. She wears her uscg live vest and doesnt cry a bit. No problem with bugs as well. Just use 100spf she doesnt even get any sun. We play on our run WOT Just me my wife and daughter. Do figure eights,slides the whole nine she loves it. We are very safe and so is she. Don't worry about it. Enjoy your boat and family.

I just picked up a 180SP and have the same symbol. Haven't figured it out yet and I saw nothing in the manual either. Maybe it has something to do with the sattelite radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back