Just found out why I can't install a impeller boot.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this summer when I rebuilt my engine I tried installing an impeller boot that was missing from the drive shaft when I pulled the pump to remove the engine. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get the boot on the impeller. So the other day while I was in the garage I found another impeller and tried the same boot it went on like a glove. The only difference was that this impeller was a Seadoo and I think the one on the boat must be an aftermarket impeller. The hole for the boot that is on the boat is too small for the boot to fit. Now I need to determine what type of impeller the previous owner(s) replaced the original Seadoo impeller with. The current impeller is a swirl design impeller and a lot shinny er compare with the Seadoo. Anyone have a guess as to what is in the boat and what type of impeller boot I need?

The swirl designed impeller is in a lot better shape then the Seadoo's impeller and that is why I don't want to replace the impeller in the boat.

Post a picture, we'll see if we can help. Are there any numbers on the impeller? The standard impeller tool should work because the drive shaft is the same for all impellers. BTW want year and model is your boat, single or dual engines?

If the impeller has a model number try googling the number and see what you come up with.

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
The standard impeller tool works. I have a 1995 Seadoo Sportster with a single Rotax 657X engine.

I will have to go to where the boat is stored and remove the pump to take a picture of the impeller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back