just bought a 2006 Seadoo Challenger 180 SCIC

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nismogsxr

Well now that it is home, I am going to take the SC off and have it rebuilt. I read that when you take it off, you have to buy 2 replacement oetiker clamps. Some have told me use a good t bolt clamp instead. What do you guys think, and what size clamp would it be? Would they both be 3" just like the air intakes? From the little bit I have rode this boat, I love it!! Now I have just got to make up my mind if I am going to send it over to PWCMuscle or Jerry at GreenHulk for the rebuild

Last edited by a moderator:
Just you a plain old s.s. worm clamp or upgrade to a T-Bolt type. Send it to Jerry- I trust his work and he has a fast turn around time.

Ok. Does anyone know of a performance exhaust for this boat besides a thru hull?? I know in its near future it will have the cobra steering fins and an impeller change.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I'd drive it awhile before you order the fins. I almost ordered them before I picked up my 07 back in April (I had never driven a jet boat, or even a jet ski before). I'm glad I didn't...From what I've read the yammies are harder, and maybe even twin engine doo's, but these 180's are a breeze IMO.

I've also been thinking about an impeller change, but haven't researched it much yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back