Just a few questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

DBAUS

Howdy all David from SA here.

Pretty much new to PWC but iv been looking and doing my homework with Seadoos, 2012-2013 models GTR-215 and RXT-260.

Question 1. im sure you have heard it a million times and thats to do with the ceramic bearing in the SC. Has this issue been fix in the 2012-2013 models or is it still present

Question 2. Ever hear of a subdoo....iv seen pictures of Seadoos under water.(which i think is BS). Iv read this happens due to drive shaft seals wearing. Is this true? Has this issue been fix in the 2012-2013 models or is it still present.

These 2 issues are making me hesitate but don't get me wrong these 2 Seadoos have what i want.

Question 3. The engines in both models are they 3 cylinders or 4 cylinders or either or?

Thank you for your time reading and answering the help is much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. I don't have 4-stroke model, but would suggest you post this question in the 4-Tek PWC area of the forum.

[MENTION=63523]DBAUS[/MENTION] where abouts in SA are you? I'm in the Adelaide area if close enough maybe we could meet up for a squirt of course in the summer time that is, too freaking cold to be out there this time of the year.

Howdy all David from SA here.

Pretty much new to PWC but iv been looking and doing my homework with Seadoos, 2012-2013 models GTR-215 and RXT-260.

Question 1. im sure you have heard it a million times and thats to do with the ceramic bearing in the SC. Has this issue been fix in the 2012-2013 models or is it still present

Question 2. Ever hear of a subdoo....iv seen pictures of Seadoos under water.(which i think is BS). Iv read this happens due to drive shaft seals wearing. Is this true? Has this issue been fix in the 2012-2013 models or is it still present.

These 2 issues are making me hesitate but don't get me wrong these 2 Seadoos have what i want.

Question 3. The engines in both models are they 3 cylinders or 4 cylinders or either or?

Thank you for your time reading and answering the help is much appreciated.

1). No ceramic washers from model year 2009 and newer (though a few did sneak into the early 09 models). So you are good to go there.
2). The Carbon Seal wears by design. But we are talking MINIMAL and can last MANY years. It is designed to leak by design but only a few drips per minute kind of thing. Easy to test it. Take a short ride with the seat off and either keep an eye on it to see if it "leaks" more than a few drips. If you can't see it, look for water building up within the hull. Another potential issue is, if it is worn to much or the rubber below is not adjusted properly when you accelerate you can suck air from within the hull, through the seal and into the impeller creating a cavitation issue.

Back