Its snowing!!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sporsterjoel

:cheers:well its been snowing for a couple hr's now with no signs of letting up. Went to clean the car off broke the brush cause its so heavy and tree's are breaking, looks like the chainsaw will get some use tomorrow.

It's terrible here too..about 78*f and warm...There is suppose to be a cold front here tonight so we can turn the a/c off tomorrow. I used to be a snowplow dist.back in upstate N.Y...I hated the cold, now I just smile when I hear snowy news like yours. :)

Karl

i dont mind to much went for a nice snowy drive tonight if you get my drift LMAO:cheers: i also snowboard aswell and taboozing is also i fun pass time for me and my friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sking......

Sometimes I wish I could see the snow. If only for a day or so. I haven't gone snow sking in several years. I used to ski on Mount Hood at Timberline back in the 90's. Man, that was a blast. I haven't been back to Oregon since.

On the other hand, I hate it when it gets cold..........brrrrrrrrrrr:cheers:

My fond thoughts of snow was on xmass day...other than that I sold snowplows and had to work in the cold snow, wet up to my eyebrows, doing repairs usually in the wee hours of the morning as I was open 24 hours when it snowed 3 inches or more. Even if it didn't snow at my town, people came to my house from miles around if it snowed and demand I fix their plows so they could go plowing. That got to be a drag after the first 20 times. I ended up repairing snowplows in the rain. My employees were never availiable to work the grave yard shift for me. I did this for 14 years. Oh yea I miss it alot now ...with a cold drink in my hand wearing shorts and watching it on TV...:rofl:
That's enough for me, cause I'm a summer fun kinda guy.

Karl

3 cm snow here in Calgary (1") high of 2c (36f)

Get this Monday (tomorrow) high of 14c (57f)

Snow again Wednesday.

The same goes here...warm and sunny yesterday... and today and tomorrow...guess I'll just go out on the water again...ho hum...

Karl

Sometimes I wish I could see the snow. If only for a day or so. I haven't gone snow sking in several years. I used to ski on Mount Hood at Timberline back in the 90's. Man, that was a blast. I haven't been back to Oregon since.

On the other hand, I hate it when it gets cold..........brrrrrrrrrrr:cheers:

There are one or two things that are "OK" with winter, but ever since I was a little kid many many many years ago and we lived a in Monroeville Alabama for a couple of years I have dreaded winter every year. To make it worse, we went from there to Saskatchewan, home of -50°C (-58°F) and howling none stop wind.:ack:

To this day I keep telling my parents I'll never forgive them.:rofl::rofl:

By the way Saskatchewan is proof that hell freezes over every year.:rofl:

Aaron

There are one or two things that are "OK" with winter, but ever since I was a little kid many many many years ago and we lived a in Monroeville Alabama for a couple of years I have dreaded winter every year. To make it worse, we went from there to Saskatchewan, home of -50°C (-58°F) and howling none stop wind.:ack:

To this day I keep telling my parents I'll never forgive them.:rofl::rofl:

By the way Saskatchewan is proof that hell freezes over every year.:rofl:

Aaron

Monroeville!........man, what a life changing experience that was! I hate it if it gets to 40, I can't imagine -58F......no way! I'd hate my parents too!

Karl, that warm front we had for several days, that you enjoyed? well, it's over here, so you will be getting back to more fall like temps too. We're in the upper 60's today.........:cheers:

It's fridged today...like 74*f time to get the long pants out...till it gets warmer this afternoon. Then time to hit the water again...I have to remember to get more Ice for the beverage, and sunscreen...ho hum...

It's nice to be hated

Karl

Your working us........

Oh yeah, your working us. Keep on and I'll get together all my buds in Calgary to come down and we will have to go huntin some Karl!.......and when we find him, we'll hold him down and fill his pants with fresh Canada snow!....................:rofl:

yaya rub it in everyone LMAO.... Im canadian and well i make the most out of winter even though it can be a little discouraging, but we snowmobile and snowboard and ski so all good. But unlike everyone in the warmer climates if it snow's to much i just dont go to work aha SNOW DAYS lol gotta love them....:cheers:

Alabama!

In Mobile, on the Gulf Coast, we get one of those freak snow storms (flurry or sleet,LOL) once every ten years and the entire city, school system and businesses shut down. The city is like a ghost town. And that's only for an inch or less that melts once it hits the ground!........:rofl:

I like the snow activities too........I don't get to do it much anymore. I used to snow ski a lot when I was in Oregon and Maine......but no longer. Like you said, it's a fun time of year, it just lasts too long for me. I had a girlfriend in Maine one time that literally got mad at me cause I wouldn't go swimming. I wanted to but when we got to the beach and I ran down the surf with her, my feet touched some cold as* water and I turned my southern butt right back around. It couldn't have been much more than 60*F and it was around July!.........so, I don't swim up north either. They say our water in the south is like bath tub water..........:rofl::cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back