Is tuning a 90 HP worth the money

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

powerjoker

I have a 15 3up seadoo spark. Was looking get some more power out of it. Is tunning it worth the money? Is there a noticeable difference? Which tune do you guys recommend the 109 or the 120 e85 tune?

I have a 15 3up seadoo spark. Was looking get some more power out of it. Is tunning it worth the money? Is there a noticeable difference? Which tune do you guys recommend the 109 or the 120 e85 tune?

Yes, it makes a noticeable difference. Throttle response, acceleration, and some speed gain. I would go with the 109 tune personally but if you are comfortable with e85 then go for it!

Is there a big difference between the 109 and 120? I don't really want to push the engine so hard it blows up lol.

Yes, there will be a noticeable difference. Stick with the 109 tune as [MENTION=32239]JFizzleJR[/MENTION] recommended. Also, swap out your prop.

http://www.pwcmuscle.com/sea-doo-spark-v-tech-xtune-bundle.html
[h=2]Sea-Doo Spark 12/17 Variable Pitch Impeller[/h]

As said before. And while it does increase HP by over 20%, it's the mid-range that you also feel an incredible difference.

The Solas prop (impeller) is more efficient and gives better performance that your stock impeller. If it comes down to which to do first, I'd recommend getting the VTech out of the way then doing the impeller. They do work really well together though.

Looking at around 53ish give or take without any further mods. Prop, intake and grate will also help too.

Looking at around 53ish give or take without any further mods. Prop, intake and grate will also help too.
Do you know this from expierence? If so how hard is it to hit the 53? I've only hit 50 once with just VTS but can consistently hit 48 and sometimes 49 if I try really hard to shift my weight back and streamline

Weight, water temp, amount of fuel, wind, hull imperfections, elevation, etc etc etc.

All can affect top speed. 52-53 is pretty typical, and being just 2mph under that is reasonable enough to not assume an issue and rather just variables.

Back