Is this backwards...?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapptorman

I bought A 2001 GTS last weekend. I’m in the process of replacing the wear ring and the carbon seal right now. As I was looking around the ski getting familiar with it I noticed the line from the garden hose fitting goes to what appears to be a line out connection on the engine. Is this backwards or do the arrows on the engine mean nothing?

Attachments

• 9C9CC9E7-E871-4CD0-AA87-2C7C7ED165CF.jpeg
    9C9CC9E7-E871-4CD0-AA87-2C7C7ED165CF.jpeg
    497.3 KB · Views: 72
It is right, I thought the same thing when I got my GTI. The water goes through the engine backwards when hooked up to the hose.

Kjhans is correct, when on the hose you are back flushing the cooling system to blast out sand, shells and debris from the cooling system.

I will caution you that it doesn't always dislodge shells and stuff from the fittings. I had one jammed in my muffler fitting on my 787 Challenger. ALWAYS run a strainer. They're super cheap from ebay. Would have saved me probably 2 or 3 engines. Had no idea what the hell was wrong with my boat and why it kept blowing motors.

I will caution you that it doesn't always dislodge shells and stuff from the fittings. I had one jammed in my muffler fitting on my 787 Challenger. ALWAYS run a strainer. They're super cheap from ebay. Would have saved me probably 2 or 3 engines. Had no idea what the hell was wrong with my boat and why it kept blowing motors.

Do you have a part number or some info on the strainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back