Is scrapes on bottom of boat serious?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimmy

Hi there, I just purchased this boat and just noticed that there is some scrape marks on the bottom along with some patch work. I don't think there are any major holes. It hasn't been on the water for a couple days but I noticed a couple drops of water hanging off the bottom, right where the patch work was done. How serious does this sound? Also, if I need to have it fixed is it expensive?
Thanks for reading this,
Kimmy

Location........

Where is the patch work located? Anywhere near the ride plate?

Fiberglass patching in situations of people looking to resale are lots of the time, done to hide blemishes, small scrathes or bad gouges from beaching.

Doing fiberglass work isn't hard, just nasty. A good repair kit and sander is the basics......you can do a good job by getting the proper gel coat and blending it in......

I really haven't done a lot of it, just small patches, where no gel coat was used.

Picture

Here is a picture of the bottom of boat, just click on it...I hope you are able to view it.
I'm posting this picture to show what it looks like and find out if anyone thinks it looks serious.
Thanks,
Kimmy

Attachments

• bottom of boat.jpg
    bottom of boat.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back