iS funtion

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can work my way through a motor blind folded but the iS on our current project isn't right and not having had one before, not sure what is normal anyway..
Originally didn't work at all, turned out the harness was pooched in a number of locations. Replaced it and now the iS more or less functions. It now shows up in the dash and responds to up/down switch presses but...
If I hit up button once, the display immediately goes to full up and seat rises till it tops out and the pump keeps trying. Hitting down, it drops to nearly docking level and stops, display shows fully down. Hitting down twice and it drops another inch, twice again and another inch and at that point my weight will put it on the bottoming stops.
This is all with dess on, but machine not running or moving at speed.
Right now I am getting a change in ohms if I move the sensor but close to but not right on manuals specs.

What I need to know if, when it's down shouldn't the up key cause it only move when held. Or possibly move a little for each hit?

I'm guessing sensor and since the sensor is a throttle sensor from Kia's etc, it's cheap enough, just a putz of a thing to change now that I've got the seat system all bolted back down. This machine has had significant standing water damage. I just hate throwing money so some idea of how it behaves normally when powered but not moving would help a great deal!

Can work my way through a motor blind folded but the iS on our current project isn't right and not having had one before, not sure what is normal anyway..
Originally didn't work at all, turned out the harness was pooched in a number of locations. Replaced it and now the iS more or less functions. It now shows up in the dash and responds to up/down switch presses but...
If I hit up button once, the display immediately goes to full up and seat rises till it tops out and the pump keeps trying. Hitting down, it drops to nearly docking level and stops, display shows fully down. Hitting down twice and it drops another inch, twice again and another inch and at that point my weight will put it on the bottoming stops.
This is all with dess on, but machine not running or moving at speed.
Right now I am getting a change in ohms if I move the sensor but close to but not right on manuals specs.

What I need to know if, when it's down shouldn't the up key cause it only move when held. Or possibly move a little for each hit?

I'm guessing sensor and since the sensor is a throttle sensor from Kia's etc, it's cheap enough, just a putz of a thing to change now that I've got the seat system all bolted back down. This machine has had significant standing water damage. I just hate throwing money so some idea of how it behaves normally when powered but not moving would help a great deal!

Would you happen to have a part number for the sensor?
One of my skis is having a suspension issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back