Insurance

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Bay Cruiser

Any of you guys know the best and reasonably cost insurance for just pleasure use. Thanks

By the way I sold my Jet Ski in the photo 4 years ago and am about to purchase another one tomorrow Sea Doo GTI 155 SE 2008 model.

the prices are all over the board here in the USA. Best thing for you to do is to check 3-5 agents and what the best price is for you. Some agents from the same Insurance comp will even give different quotes.

Thanks Guys, I thought I posted it on the Aussie page but obviously not and yep you are right these all seem to be in the States. I have tried three of four different companies here and they vary some $300 so just wondered who the Aussie guys used before I commit tomorrow when I get another Ski.

[MENTION=24425]Bay Cruiser[/MENTION] this is what I got from Club Marine, I'm in Adelaide
Also you did post in the Australia section however I don't think there is many aussies on this forum yet but with that said, Its the best forum I've found online for tech info and advice.
jetski ins quote.jpg

[MENTION=24425]Bay Cruiser[/MENTION] this is what I got from Club Marine, I'm in Adelaide
Also you did post in the Australia section however I don't think there is many aussies on this forum yet but with that said, Its the best forum I've found online for tech info and advice.
View attachment 29166

Hi Ya and thanks, the quality is not too good on the jpg you sent but was that $300 because I got a quote from them today for $700. For $9500 ski cost cover and use every month.

yes total price was 359.50 %7 fee if paid in instalments that's basic excess, I can't remember what value of the ski and trailer I told them though .... can also try SPT insurance as well Landline: 02 9525 9311
Mobile: 0434 312 880
Email: arthurh@sptinsurance.com.au
Web www.sptinsurance.com.au
Heres another one http://nautilusinsurance.com.au
Hope this helps. I would also suggest to read the fine print and ask as many questions as you can thing of regarding on road damage ( ie involved in a crash),theft and so on. some insurances will not pay up if you don't have proof of a anti theft device installed ( trailer tongue lock and so on)

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries ... That's what the forum is about helping one another in anyway possible good luck.

Sent from my seadoo using tapatalk

Does that cover all the nasties such as involved in a car crash while ski is in tow, water ingestion, theft?
I seen a couple complaints about that nautilus, people reckon they didn't want to come to the party on claims. I don't know I've never dealt with'em luckly enough.
If you don't mind me asking how much coverage is that ... 5 , 10 or 20 million?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi it wasn't nautilus it was Club Marine and yes it covers towing when in transit and theft as long as it was in a secure place or had an anti theft device fitted and forced theft also water ingestion on the motor but only if it hit something or it was hit not if I turn it upside down. 5 million cover.

I will say that my ex boat, all my cars, house and contents insurance is with NRMA but they do not do Jetski insurance. Apparently they will later this year so I will probably move to them then as they have been excellent when ever I have made a claim in the past.

Not many like to or will insure skies sadly enough leaves few options if ya ask me.

Yep you are right there we are not liked by too many insurance companies and boaties !!

I must change my photo to the new ski over the weekend if the sun comes out and if I can get on the water. Can I borrow that girl on your please for a new photo !!!!

I already took her out and fed jaws :).
We're having pretty good weather here lately but sad to say I'm waiting on payday to get my ski registered just ran out but on the upside we now have a 6 month reg option here in SA instead of having to pay the whole 12 month at $320.

That's crap I think.... Most boaters and skiers only get out during the summer months though the motor reg will refund some of Ya in register during the winter months but I'd put my life on saying you wouldn't get much back that's for sure

Hi it wasn't nautilus it was Club Marine and yes it covers towing when in transit and theft as long as it was in a secure place or had an anti theft device fitted and forced theft also water ingestion on the motor but only if it hit something or it was hit not if I turn it upside down. 5 million cover.

Did they cover you for sinkage?

Did they cover you for sinkage?

Here are the details of their website

Jet Ski & PWC Insurance
When you have a jet ski, a waverunner, or any other personal water craft (PWC), the goal is fun! You want to be able to enjoy the water knowing that if something happens to your jet ski, Club Marine Insurance will take care of you. Club Marine Pleasurecraft Insurance gives you:
New for old replacement in the first two years of registration. If the worst happens and your jet ski is written off, Club Marine will replace your jet ski or PWC with a new one if it's within its first two years of registration.
Genuine parts guarantee. Got dumped and snapped the nose of your jet ski? Pole snuck up on you while reversing out of the car park, and now your trailer and transom both need repairs? Club Marine Insurance covers you up to your sum insured, and guarantees the use of genuine parts for all motor repairs.
Cover for the things you need. Club Marine Pleasurecraft Insurance is tailored for PWCs. Don't pay extra for waterkiers cover or water ingress - both are covered automatically under your Club Marine policy. Plus, Club Marine Pleasurecraft Insurance offers you a discount for the months when your PWC is in layup and not in use, while still providing cover for storage risks like theft, fire and storm damage. And you can simply remove lay up online when you're ready to hit the water again!
Emergency towing. Did you know many roadside assistance services are unable to tow a jet ski trailer? With Club Marine Assist, if you break down while towing your trailer, we will cover towing your vehicle, your PWC and your trailer. Club Marine Assist offers a range of services and is included with your Club Marine Pleasurecraft Insurance at no extra cost.
Your choice of liability cover, from $2mil-$10mil. Imagine coming off your ski, only to have it drift away and hit a gorgeous (and expensive) cruiser. If you’re at fault in a collision, even if you’re not on the ski when it happens, Club Marine Insurance covers you for repairs to the other party up to your liability sum insured, so you’re not out of pocket.
Get a quick quote online now, and find out just how easy it is to protect your jet ski or PWC with Club Marine Insurance.

More reasons to choose Club Marine to insure your jet ski or PWC
Club Marine has been insuring sailors, fishermen and women, water skiers, jet skiers and boaties of all kinds for more than 45 years. Whether you have a yacht or a tinnie, a sailboat, a runabout or a jet ski, Club Marine’s Pleasurecraft insurance is there to protect you, and deliver claims service you can trust should the worst happen. Club Marine Pleasurecraft Insurance offers:
Cover for your boat, motor and trailer, all in one policy.
Australia-wide cover, up to 250 nautical miles off the coast.
Up to $10,000 for fishing gear, skiing or diving equipment and tools on board.
Up to $5,000 in Club Care Benefits to help you out in an emergency.
Options for the cover you need – lay up cover, racing cover, water skiers liability, liability limits and agreed values.
Club Assist – advice, assistance, directions and personal service, 24/7.
Exclusive discounts and benefits as a Club Marine Member.
Why not join the Club? Get a quote to insure your jet ski or PWC now.

Here are the details of their website

Jet Ski & PWC Insurance
When you have a jet ski, a waverunner, or any other personal water craft (PWC), the goal is fun! You want to be able to enjoy the water knowing that if something happens to your jet ski, Club Marine Insurance will take care of you. Club Marine Pleasurecraft Insurance gives you:
New for old replacement in the first two years of registration. If the worst happens and your jet ski is written off, Club Marine will replace your jet ski or PWC with a new one if it's within its first two years of registration.
Genuine parts guarantee. Got dumped and snapped the nose of your jet ski? Pole snuck up on you while reversing out of the car park, and now your trailer and transom both need repairs? Club Marine Insurance covers you up to your sum insured, and guarantees the use of genuine parts for all motor repairs.
Cover for the things you need. Club Marine Pleasurecraft Insurance is tailored for PWCs. Don't pay extra for waterkiers cover or water ingress - both are covered automatically under your Club Marine policy. Plus, Club Marine Pleasurecraft Insurance offers you a discount for the months when your PWC is in layup and not in use, while still providing cover for storage risks like theft, fire and storm damage. And you can simply remove lay up online when you're ready to hit the water again!
Emergency towing. Did you know many roadside assistance services are unable to tow a jet ski trailer? With Club Marine Assist, if you break down while towing your trailer, we will cover towing your vehicle, your PWC and your trailer. Club Marine Assist offers a range of services and is included with your Club Marine Pleasurecraft Insurance at no extra cost.
Your choice of liability cover, from $2mil-$10mil. Imagine coming off your ski, only to have it drift away and hit a gorgeous (and expensive) cruiser. If you’re at fault in a collision, even if you’re not on the ski when it happens, Club Marine Insurance covers you for repairs to the other party up to your liability sum insured, so you’re not out of pocket.
Get a quick quote online now, and find out just how easy it is to protect your jet ski or PWC with Club Marine Insurance.

More reasons to choose Club Marine to insure your jet ski or PWC
Club Marine has been insuring sailors, fishermen and women, water skiers, jet skiers and boaties of all kinds for more than 45 years. Whether you have a yacht or a tinnie, a sailboat, a runabout or a jet ski, Club Marine’s Pleasurecraft insurance is there to protect you, and deliver claims service you can trust should the worst happen. Club Marine Pleasurecraft Insurance offers:
Cover for your boat, motor and trailer, all in one policy.
Australia-wide cover, up to 250 nautical miles off the coast.
Up to $10,000 for fishing gear, skiing or diving equipment and tools on board.
Up to $5,000 in Club Care Benefits to help you out in an emergency.
Options for the cover you need – lay up cover, racing cover, water skiers liability, liability limits and agreed values.
Club Assist – advice, assistance, directions and personal service, 24/7.
Exclusive discounts and benefits as a Club Marine Member.
Why not join the Club? Get a quote to insure your jet ski or PWC now.

Cheers for that info.

Back