Installing jet trim mats

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of guys like two part epoxy. Silicone would be better then nothing though. I use Weldwood contact cement to bond the mats.

They did not used to have mats like that but perhaps they do now. I have not ordered a set from them in a couple years. Please share pics when yours come in.

Nothing will stick to silicone. I would suggest the marine Bondo from Walmart. It won’t absorb water like regular Bondo and when it starts to gel you can scrape off the excess and don’t have to sand it.

I used marine Tex myself, overkill and word to the wise, don't use a bunch or you will have some rock hard lumps that are a major PITA to sand down to deal with, just a dab and before it dries you want to use a putty knife or similar to flatten it out. I learned that the hard way.

I don't recommend silicone because nothing sticks to it.

And yes, they should come with 3m sticky and it sticks quite well, after doing many in the past with weldwood, which made a bit of a mess if you aren't careful, I really enjoy the 3m mats.

I used marine Tex myself, overkill and word to the wise, don't use a bunch or you will have some rock hard lumps that are a major PITA to sand down to deal with, just a dab and before it dries you want to use a putty knife or similar to flatten it out. I learned that the hard way.

I don't recommend silicone because nothing sticks to it.

And yes, they should come with 3m sticky and it sticks quite well, after doing many in the past with weldwood, which made a bit of a mess if you aren't careful, I really enjoy the 3m mats.

You sure Jet-Trim offers them with 3m backing? I ordered some recently and the option was not available. They do seem of high quality stitching etc. I went with black mats, white carbon fiber piping for the edging w/black stitching. Considered going red stitching but didn't want to make the mats too "busy". My project is a long ways from installing these but couldn't pass up the black Friday pricing.

623a2d767b9135aaf8e1743800eafd50.jpg
I filled the hoke with a marine filer. It was like 10$ at a marine shop.

You sure Jet-Trim offers them with 3m backing? I ordered some recently and the option was not available. They do seem of high quality stitching etc. I went with black mats, white carbon fiber piping for the edging w/black stitching. Considered going red stitching but didn't want to make the mats too "busy". My project is a long ways from installing these but couldn't pass up the black Friday pricing.

honestly i'm not sure if Jet-Trim even offers turf.

I was commenting on Black-tip so maybe there is some confusion there, could be my fault for not reading the OP correctly.

Where does this stitching go? now i'm curious

They do make turf. They don't push it you kinda have to ask them about it. It's they're non-skid material with a closed cell foam backing. Those layers get stitched together and then there is a border sewn in as well.

They do make turf. They don't push it you kinda have to ask them about it. It's they're non-skid material with a closed cell foam backing. Those layers get stitched together and then there is a border sewn in as well.

Yup, its not on their site but it seems really high quality. The mats are basically straight black with the edges in a piping color of choice. I went with their white CF piping option and the stitching for that piping could be another color. I figured white stitching would probably hold stains so just went with black stitching. Ill snap some pics later when I get a chance. Order time was about 2 weeks which isn't bad considering I ordered during the black Friday rush.

Justin, the job you did looks great. Today I pulled off all the warped factory plastic ones on my 97 gtx. Got to take care of the rivets and holes and then I will decide on color and style. Has anyone checked with a local carpet company to see if they would have anything that will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back