Installed Hydro Turf - Pics included

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott0321

I'd thought I'd share some before and after pics of my HT installed.

As most of us know the inside of these boats get filthy regardless how clean you are getting in and out of the boat. I've only had my Speedster a month and after outing #2 I felt like I was cleaning it more that I was driving it. Needless to say it drove us crazy how much grime showed up on the deck.

For those of you on the fence regarding the HT I have to say "JUST DO IT". It makes a world of difference and you will not look back and regret it. I would agree it's a little $$ but well worth it.

I went with the cut groove in gray. I went for the pre-cut kit specific to my boat. It took exactly one week from order date to my front door. The installation is pretty straight forward. I spent more time prepping then the actual installation. FYI , I used a fine grit (220) and knocked the pebble feel down to ensure I had good bond. Once I cleaned the dust out I washed it down and hit each area with Acetone as the instructions suggest. I spent about an hour actually installing the individual pieces. I laid them out and then just peeled the backing off and applied. I was concerned that this stuff could pull up but once you set it in place and roll it out it ain't coming up.

All in all it went OK. There were a couple of pieces that didn't fit as I would have expected them to but that's life and you wouldn't know which one's unless I pointed them out. I was a little confused on the large piece at the back. I laid it a couple of different ways and like the seamless look the best. I noticed some of you left some space.

IMO this is one of the better mods you can make. We took the boat out that night and it feels awesome underfoot. No more worries about slipping and sliding. No need to even rinse it out when we were done. Got anal and wiped clean a few spots. We are gonna love this stuff.

Attachments

• Speedster 1.JPG
    Speedster 1.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 188
  • Speedster II.JPG
    Speedster II.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 159
  • TURFED I .JPG
    TURFED I .JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 195
  • TURFED II.JPG
    TURFED II.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 194
  • TURFED III.JPG
    TURFED III.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 243
Looks GREAT!!!

I just did the same thing to my boat, and it makes a world of difference in looks and comfort. And much less slime to clean up after each trip. :cheers:

I think they are even better when you are wasted and moving around no more slip and smack.

That is why we went from this...

attachment.php

to this...

170.jpg

I drew up a piece to cover those two large empty expanses on the back hatch cover. We spend a lot of time back there getting or consuming beverages, and I got tired of hearing the wife scream as she was slipping and getting ready to hit the water.

I am considering buying the pre-cut HT for my speedster but am concerned about laying it out and it sticking before I get the perfect placement and ruining the whole thing. How was everyone elses install? Is there time to get it adjusted perfectly before it sticks permanently?

I peeled back just an inch or so of one corner of the piece I was applying, then held it up while I adjusted the piece to where it needed to be, then pushed down on the exposed corner. Then peel the rest off while slowly pressing down on the newly exposed areas.

Goes down perfectly every time.

I peeled back just an inch or so of one corner of the piece I was applying, then held it up while I adjusted the piece to where it needed to be, then pushed down on the exposed corner. Then peel the rest off while slowly pressing down on the newly exposed areas.

Goes down perfectly every time.

+1

I did exactly what other people said to do. I had 1 that I didnt like after it went down. I was able to pull it up quickly and redo it. All looks great now.

Hydro Turf Install

I had no issue pulling it up and then placing it back down. personally I did not have any issues with it pulling up. Now that is has been down and walked on and such, I'm convinced it ain't coming up.

Very satisfied with it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back