Inline Fuel filter?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wdd5885

I am trying to locate the exact part number for an inline fuel filter. I have the optimax 250. Can I use the same part used in the 240? Thanks.

Merc owners thread...?

I am trying to locate the exact part number for an inline fuel filter. I have the optimax 250. Can I use the same part used in the 240? Thanks.

Did you look for this part in the Merc owners parts thread?

If you are looking for a secondary, inline fuel filter, then you can pick up just about any inline "clear" fuel filter at a parts shop. I bought one this past year that is see through and has the same mesh as my internal filter. You can open it up and replace the basket and even buy replacement filters for it. I bought it in the marine section of Walmart.

As far as I can tell, you have a fuel filter built onto your fuel pick-up tube and one on the side of your motor. The one on the side of the motor is available in that thread I just pointed out....:cheers:

Yes, I have looked there several time trying to see if I missed something. On the 240 schematics, this fuel filter is located in the FUEL PUMP assembly section. There is no such section on the 250 DFI schematics. I will take off the filter I have now and find a suitable repalcement. Thanks for the quick reply.

Vapor Seperator?

Yes, I have looked there several time trying to see if I missed something. On the 240 schematics, this fuel filter is located in the FUEL PUMP assembly section. There is no such section on the 250 DFI schematics. I will take off the filter I have now and find a suitable repalcement. Thanks for the quick reply.

In the exploded view of the vapor seperator, they show a fuel filter. Is that the one your looking for? If not, there is also a phone number listed that you can use to talk to a parts service rep....:cheers:

It's the inline filter. I kind of figured the inline was maybe a fairly common type. Thanks so much for your help. This forum has saved me a lot of money. After purchasing the boat, I dug into manuals and this forum and have completed all the 100 service items. It appears the previous owners did not.:confused: I have to replace the belt next as there is black dust on the alternator. Hopefully it won't be too difficult. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forum....

I love the forum... I've met some really cool people here. Some I've even met face to face.

If your only looking to protect your fuel system, you might think about a standard inline fuel filter, see thru type, at a local marine shop like "Boats r Us" or West Marine. I don't see a reason to go OEM on this unless you only want to maintain the boat in original condition.....:cheers:

Thanks 'snipe. These forums are only good when fellow owners chime in, and in your case and, a few others, experts. We newbie's really appreciate it. (At least this one). If I'm ever in Mobile again, I'll buy you a beer :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back