In case some of you have not been out lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggebhardt

I went out this am and it was glassy smooth on the St. Johns River.

137789723.nFbFTD59.jpg

137789722.CHtr20MH.jpg

Did a little over 3 hours for a whopping total of 7 hours on my new ski. It performed perfectly and all the trouble at first was worth it this morning. It was smooth as glass for the most part. Not sure if any of you ski the St Johns but took the ride way up Julington Creek today and then went a little farther south and did Black Creek till there was no more water to do!:drool5:

Still in break in mode but it gets the blood running winding through the twist and turns of the narrow creeks watching the landscape whizzing by at 40+ MPH. I know this is a cake walk to many of you but getting used to a new ski and the way it handles in close quarters was fun!:thumbsup:

Will be heading back out Monday am, if the weather permits. The "IS" ride suspension is so nice. It makes the ski behave and feel like a much more heavy vessel and smooths out the chop with ease! Longer trips, this winter are going to be a real treat! I am having a great time on the GTX, I laugh out loud every time I do a short WOT.:p

Glad to hear your having fun enjoying you new ski I just bought a 2011 rxpx and loving every min of it just hit 22hrs today on it

Thanks for the best wishes. Hope to have mine broken in by the end of September. Need to get the 10 hour service done. Have some friends who are trying to talk me into a trip down the Inter coastal stretching over 400 miles!

Does the break in mode limit your speed? I couldnt handle that. I would tie it up to a dock and let it sit and run when I'm not riding it or hook it up to a garden hose. LOL

Does the break in mode limit your speed? I couldnt handle that. I would tie it up to a dock and let it sit and run when I'm not riding it or hook it up to a garden hose. LOL

Just hooking it up top a garden hose and letting it run for more than a few minutes will kill the bearings from over heating.

Break in is not that bad. They just ask you to limit your WOT to short bursts. Also to vary your RPM. I would rather allow it to break in and have a good solid engine that beat the hell out of it. This is not a rental, I OWN IT!

Just hooking it up top a garden hose and letting it run for more than a few minutes will kill the bearings from over heating.

Break in is not that bad. They just ask you to limit your WOT to short bursts. Also to vary your RPM. I would rather allow it to break in and have a good solid engine that beat the hell out of it. This is not a rental, I OWN IT!

Yeah I hear you. Sounds like the good old school of vary of RPMs is still considered a good thing. Yeah I had to be patient with many a car engine in the past.

I dont think I keep WOT for more than a minute at the most anyways. 60 mph is fun but it gets old quick with the wind in your face unless you are a dog. LOL

Yeah I hear you. Sounds like the good old school of vary of RPMs is still considered a good thing. Yeah I had to be patient with many a car engine in the past.

I dont think I keep WOT for more than a minute at the most anyways. 60 mph is fun but it gets old quick with the wind in your face unless you are a dog. LOL

Sometimes the "old school" rules have some valid reasons behind them.

Even after my GTX260 iS Limited is broken in, I still can not imagine WOT for more than a minute. Within seconds I would be doing over 60 and in rather less than smooth water that would be intensive for any length of time.

Do not get me wrong, I plan spurts of over 60 often:driving:

The acceleration at WOT puts a huge smile on my face!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back