In and out tolerance on 1999 gsx RFI jet pump shaft

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

changetires

I am looking for the axial tolerance of the jet pump shaft. Is there supposed to be any end play with the entire pump assembled? That is including nose cone and impeller.

Yes, the pump shaft moves in and out and is held in place by the endcap. When the cap is off there is a noticeable clunk when you move it forwards and back.

But with the nose cone on should there be any end play. Mine just seems extremely tight with the nose cone on. You can hardly push the impeller in at all such as trying to collapse the spring

If you have the newer cone with the spring and lever inside you have to make sure you are pushing the lever down when installing the cap or it will lock and seize. The procedure is in the manual.

There’s two different spring ones.

This kind you just put the cone on and are done.
aba9d4a7a4fc1c6e84fe11f9ceaac81d.jpg

This kind is more complicated.

6296ceb801240a61c04ff5a07040f2ce.jpg

Start the cone on but you have to push the lever through the fill plug. I like to use a Alan wrench and continue to push the lever in and out feeling the spring pushing it back up as I evenly tighten the three cone bolts.
If at any point you can’t feel the spring rebounding stop, back the screws out a start over. If it ever feels sold and you can’t feel the bounce of the spring it’s wrong.

Mine is the top one.....
I was confirming that after everything is installed there should not be any movement in and out at the impeller unless you are pushing the spring in and out... is that correct?

With the nose cone off I have about .010” end play.... is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back