Impeller

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

OGs

Would it be worth changing the stock impeller on my 98 sea doo Gs. I’m not really familiar with the pitch and all that. I like fast acceleration but want to keep top end. I hear a lot of keep it stock and that’s what I’m leaning towards. I don’t think you can really do much to the 717.

A GS is not that fast of a ski. You only have so much power to work with. The stock prop is about good as you are going to get. There is no magic prop that will give you much more than what you have. That is assuming the impeller and wear ring are in top notch shape.

Yeah that what i heard and thought. Can’t complain. Want faster , buy faster. Lol

Unless you have modified your motor,,,to increase power...such that as you hit the throttle,,, out of the hole...and you are now cavitating,,,,( too much hp for the prop),,,the guys are right..,stick with what you have.
You do not get anything for nothing on a stock pwc...it's a compromise,,,unless you make large mod's,, to increase hp...then you can up the prop,,,to accommodate the new increase in hp
I have done it,,,,put on a lovely looking stainless steel
shiny prop,,,thinking I was going to get out of the hole better,,,and,,have ,increased top end,,,the prop was just a shiny waste of money.
The seadoo engineers,,,know what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back