Impeller Pitch

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jr86

I have a 94 SPX that had a jet pump go belly up. I bought a complete assembly from a 95 spx. I removed the variable trim and looked into the pump to look at the impeller. The part number is 271000445. My old impeller is 271000182. What is the pitch difference for the impeller?

Also, since my last one died, I want to pressure test the pump. I can do the test, but what have you guys used to attach the pressure pot to the pump? It's only 5psi, but I want to be absolute in my readings. :)

Impeller....

I've looked to find the difference between the two stock numbers you have in your post on the impellers.....
I'm at a loss. The only thing I can find in their difference is about $200 bucks.

The 271000182 shows up as the proper impeller for your application. The other one 445, doesn't even show up on a Seadoo listed for specific machines. Unless it's a boat. I didn't check them. But the price for one is about $80 bucks..........so, something isn't right about that one.

New impellers usually go for about $200 bucks, depending on who's it out by....

Pitch

I found the info. The pump I purchased came out of a 1995 SPX. The part number ending in 445 is correct for that year, but the pitch is different.

The 182 impeller is a progressive pitch 14'-22', and the 445 impeller is a progressive pitch from 11'-21'. I understand this to mean that the 445 impeller may provide more of a hole shot, but lower top end, correct?

Any word on a method to attached a pressure guage to the pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back