IBR override?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

weasel

I have purchased a 2015 spark 3 up with IBR.
I've never had one of these before so its all new to me. It came with 3 IBR units, original, used, and new. Without this thing in the water and on a trailer is it possible to actuate the IBR through its motion to verify that it works?

If it has the up and down trim buttons you can use the over ride , attach the dess key to the post and press the start/stop button , just to power up the cluster. hold the ibr lever all the way back and when you hear the beep press the red button on the cluster, still while holding the ibr lever back and use the up and down trim buttons to move ibr up or down , when you release the ibr lever you gots start all over again .

I have purchased a 2015 spark 3 up with IBR.
I've never had one of these before so its all new to me. It came with 3 IBR units, original, used, and new. Without this thing in the water and on a trailer is it possible to actuate the IBR through its motion to verify that it works?
Well, that's a bit disconcerting.....it CAME with 3 iBR units???? I heard the iBR units are like $500+ each?

Apparently someone cracked one open at some point and it's really nothing more than a bunch of plastic gears and a string trimmer motor to move the gears and make the rear bucket go UP/DOWN.....

I'm getting an iBR fault on my Spark 2017 2 UP, so I'm pulling the ski soon to see what's going on.....personally I find the Spark design DISTASTEFUL as you need to remove the entire upper deck to get inside of it......PITA!

If it has the up and down trim buttons you can use the over ride , attach the dess key to the post and press the start/stop button , just to power up the cluster. hold the ibr lever all the way back and when you hear the beep press the red button on the cluster, still while holding the ibr lever back and use the up and down trim buttons to move ibr up or down , when you release the ibr lever you gots start all over again .
I found this method online and it worked for both of my skis.
  1. Press and release the power button
  2. Squeeze and hold the brake/reverse lever
  3. Insert DESS key
  4. Press Set button
  5. adjust the trim all the way up
  6. Release the brake lever and remove the key and bucket will stay in the up position.

Back